weather in February

Feb 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

weather in February

Hi - I'm travelling to Barbados in mid February for President's Week. How is the weather going to be? I assumed it would be warm and sunny, but now I'm reading posts that it rains and it's cool.

thanks
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Gin

We were in Barbados for President's week a few years back and we had great weather. We were on the beach all day, every day. I remember being in Grenada for a President's week and the locals were telling us it was unusually cold. Of course they were telling us this as we were sitting in the sun after just coming out of the water. It's all relative.
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM

FYI - there's probably only a 5 degree F. swing in the average daytime high temperatures all year long. Expect daytime temps to be in the low to mid-80's F. February is one of the drier months averaging less than 2" of rain for the month. Rain when it does come is apt to be in the form of very brief and very localized showers. Of course, you are dealing with mother nature so there are never any guarantees.
Feb 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM

I was there in the early part of February last year and it was warm and sunny. Even the sea was fairly warm. We are headed back to Barbados tomorrow for a couple of days before heading over to Palm Island. Ignore the weather reports. They always say it's going to rain!
Feb 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM

RoamsAround is correct. The temps vary very little. The rain comes in spurts as the air temps change: usually around dawn and dusk. There is nothing as wonderful as a night-time rain-on-the-roof. Daytime showers are so localized that you can be standing on the sunny side of the street and watch the people pass on the other side using umbrellas. O.K., that's an overstatement but it is a phenomena that will baffle you. Barbados has a wind off the Atlantic so weather tends to pass over quickly. In the 12 years I've been in the leewards I've only experienced one rainy winter that would spoil a visitor's vacation.
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:17 PM

February is one of the driest months. You shouldn't see more than a few minutes of showers here and there--nothing to keep you from any outdoor activities. Barbados is so far south that summer and winter vary only about 4-5 degrees, both air and water. You will reliably have water temp. over 80 deg., and air will probably not go below 70.
Feb 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM

February is plum in the middle of the dry season - though there are no guarantees. Also usually a stiff breeze from January through April, so evenings can be cool especially if you have a bit of sunburn. Days should be spectacular.