Search

Viridian Garden

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viridian Garden

Anyone have experience with this villa or anyone who has seen it? We are renting it in June '06. Was hoping someone had some feedback. A search of these postings turned up nothing...
Thank you!
Paula
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 04:39 AM

We have not stayed at Viridian Garden, but we did rent the villa next door and loved it. The location is close to Cruz Bay. The tradewinds were incredibly soothing at that part of the island (at least when we were there). That meant less bugs and extremely comfortable napping conditions. There is plenty of activity in GCB harbour to view including pelicans! A few nights we heard music coming from the Westin and we enjoyed it. The people staying at Viridian Garden when we were there had a boat moored close to shore that they would take out. Don't know if they owned or rented it. When they went boating their dog would come over and act like he was starving. As soon as his captain came back he was GONE! One day we took our floats and put them in the water in from of the villa so that we could see the other water front villas. You'll have great time!
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Crowisland! I'm glad to hear it isn't so buggy. We are two couples with two kids each and it is nice to know we can still be outside (with some bug spray) and a cocktail and not feel like we're away from everything. We'd rather feel we were part of the "action" so any music coming from the Westin is fine by me! Did the house look okay from the outside?
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 04:26 AM

The villa looked good from the outside. Also, I am sure Destination STJ (did you use them?)would rent it out if it wasn't up to par. We are using them for our next villa rental in May 06. My favorite thing about renting waterfront is that we felt we were emersed in the tropical island feel. Other villas we've rented made us feel apart from the island. It may sound weird, but that feeling is now an imporatnt factor when we choose a villa. If you want to see out trip photos they are at http://community.webshots.com/user/crowisland

The album called Bridget's pics are from April of 2004 when we rented the house next door to Viridian. Enjoy!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again. I loved the pics! I wish I were there now! I agree that feeling a part of the action is much more my style...
Thank you!