Dream Come True villa in Dever's Bay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the first step in planning our first Caribbean vacation I reserved the villa named "Dream Come True" on the island of St. John for a week in April 2011. The villa resides in Dever's bay and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this particular villa or the general area of Dever's bay. Based on the website photos the villa looks great with awesome views.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 04:43 PM

My husband and I stayed there for part of our honeymoon, but that was almost 5 years ago. We loved the villa! It was nice that it was right on the water. There is supposed to be good snorkeling from the rocky (very rocky) beach. But the one time we tried it, we saw jellyfish and promptly got out of the water. One thing to note is that the driveway is very steep, but my husband was able to handle it ok. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

My biggest reason for chosing this villa was the incredible views and outdoor spaces. Did you have any problems with the rental company? Assuming you rented a 4 wheel drive, did you go through the villa rental agency or someone else? We were warned on the website that the driveway was steep but my husband doesn't seem concerned about that. I noticed that the shoreline looked rocky and made a mental note to bring our water shoes with and thanks for the jelly fish warning.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 08:24 PM

We stayed at Dream Come True 3 years ago. We had a great time, the arrangement was perfect for our family, with the extra bedroom down below for our friends. We only saw a few people on "our" beach all week, although there were other houses on the little strip of beach. It was very private.

My husband and our friends snorkeled there and enjoyed it.

The only two negatives I can mention are that the living room had no a/c, (in June it was quite warm in there in the late afternoon/early evening) and the beds seemed very hard to us. Hopefully the owners have gotten pillowtops since then!

Have a great time!