Virgin Gorda for under $300?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We been back and forth on our choice of islands, and have finally decided on Virgin Gorda. We wanted something laid back, with beautiful beaches & great snorkeling. Now we need help finding our accomodations.

We will be travelling off season Nov/Dec. Would like to be either on the beach, or at least walkable to it. We really love the ocean, but desire a pool to get away from the salt once and a while. We loved the looks of Mango Bay, but no pool. Would like to be somewhat close to some dining options, but plan to rent a jeep regardless to explore the island. Is it possible to find a nice room, condo, or small villa for $300 or less per night?

Thanks for any & all help.
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Check out Nail Bay villas or Virgin Oriental villa managed by Guavaberry.
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 08:55 AM

Ditto what Jimmie said. Nail Bay in particular has a wide range of rooms and villas in your price range with pool access. So would Leverick Bay, though I prefer the location of Nail Bay to Leverick. As he mentioned, Guavaberry also manages a few villas, at least one of which is in your price range and has a pool. This location is even better, in my opinion, than Nail Bay.

Old Sep 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM

I also agree that the southern part of the island is a little nicer than the Nail Bay area, but if you've got a jeep, you can check out the whole range of beautiful beaches. Mahogany rentals is great for the jeep. Be sure to check out Spring Bay beach (my favorite), Baths and Devils Bay, Savannah and Mahoe beaches, and Mountain Trunk.
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 06:04 AM

Hi ScottB, one of my favorites is the site www.caribbeandays.com and believe me, I do not represent them or have anything to do with them, I just like the way the site is set up. I would look at this site because they tend to have a great variety and they very good at listing the info. I know a number of the rentals they list for STJ, and it's pretty accurate. Just my opinion.
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Good luck finding something for under $300 per night. We settled on a house in Leverick with a pool for $195. That was the cheapest I could find that had the amenities we wanted.

We found it on VRBO.

Peace, Greenie
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 09:21 AM

When I was looking for places to stay for our upcoming trip to VG in June I bookmarked this one. I decided against the Leverick Bay area, but it might be worth a look.

http://www.islandhideaways.com/villa.php?villa_id=94