Virgin Gorda Baths Accessibility

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:09 AM
lmcm

Virgin Gorda Baths Accessibility

Will be staying in St John and would like to visit the Baths at Virgin Gorda. What is the best way to get to them? Also, if we take a daysail, how much if any swimming is involved from where the boat docks to the baths?

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Nancy

Hello,<BR>Usually, the best access from other islands is by boat.<BR>The tour we took gave us the option of swimming in or taking a dinghy.<BR>We opted to swim. I think it was a great choice! The water was clear, calm and warm. It was maybe 50 to 75 yards.<BR>The boat just drops anchor. It may depend on what time of year you get how close the boat can get. (Others there, ect.)

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Roger

Howdy! We took a boat trip through "Limnos" which takes you to Virgin Gorda and you get off the boat and take about a 5 minute bus, taxi, ride which was provided through Limnos, to the Baths. We really enjoyed it. The snorkling was pretty good and the Baths were cool.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:55 PM
fyi

no longer are you allowed to dinghy into the baths. there is a dinghy tie-up at Devils Bay and you swim in

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Coconut

When we were at the Baths 2 weeks ago (we took a daysail too from Tortola), they did allow dinghies to come to shore on the actual Baths (not at Devil's Bay). Of course, our boat captain just drove us in and then he drove the dinghy back out to the boat, and I didn't see any dinghies tied up on land. A lot of other boats were doing the same thing. Our captain did allow us to swim in from the boat if you wanted to - but noone on our trip wanted to. <BR><BR>If you go, make sure to walk through the boulders to Devil's Bay if you can. That was really fun and I liked Devil's Bay much better than the Baths beach.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 05:45 AM
lmcm

Thanks for your help, the pictures of the Baths look amazing, I can only hope it's more magnificent in person.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 11:01 AM
megan

just got back a couple of days ago from st. john, and i was very impressed with the island, the beaches, and the snorkelling....we took a day trip over to virgin gorda through the caneel bay resort, and they had a taxi which took us from the dock at customs to the baths (it's just a 5 minute walk downhill to the beach), and then back to the boat....very convenient way to see this area.....and the snorkelling all around the boulders is great.....