Search

Vacation in June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Rich

Vacation in June

My wife and I are looking for a place to go for a week in June. We are looking for the following:<BR><BR>Beautiful beach to walk and swim<BR>Luxurious rooms and bathrooms<BR>Private<BR>No kids (we are leaving our 4 with Grandma)<BR>Great food<BR>Low-key<BR>Beautiful surroundings<BR><BR>We have been to:<BR><BR>Cap Juluca (pre-Lenny)<BR>Hyatt Regency - Grand Cayman ('93)<BR>Renaissance - St. Thomas ('91)<BR>Sonesta Beach Bermuda ('87 - honeymoon)<BR><BR>We'd like to find someplace as beautiful as Cap Juluca but we would like to try someplace new.<BR><BR>Our travel agent recommended:<BR><BR>4 Seasons - Nevis<BR>Ile De France - St. Barts<BR>Little Dix Bay - Virgin Gorda<BR>Las Ventanas - Cabo<BR><BR>Also considering:<BR>Peter Island<BR><BR>Suggestions from those who have been around the caribbean?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>-Rich

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 08:07 PM
tweedy

Rich, <BR><BR>You might want to look into Pink Sands on Harbour Island, one of the family islands in the Bahamas. Accomodations are beautiful villas overlooking the beach. 3 miles of pink sand beach.<BR><BR>Several good restaurants and a few nite spots.<BR><BR>Have a great trip.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Nicole

I noticed you have visited Cap Juluca in Anguilla. My fiance and I were considering this for our honeymoon in September. Any thoughts? Would you recommend the resort to others?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Jennifer

Rich,<BR><BR>You may want to consider La Luna in Grenada. Considering the type of resorts and hotels you have visited, I think this resort would be fabulous for you. Not sure if you have heard about it yet, as it is relatively new. It is a very secluded resort, with more of an upscale clientel looking to get away and relax. The area is just beautiful. They do not take small children at this resort.<BR><BR>The rooms are definately unique, as is the entire resort. You can expect a beautiful beach, gourmet dining options and the highest quality service. <BR><BR>Let me know if you need more details.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:19 AM
linda

Tweedy,<BR> I did a search for that resort on Google. Looked at it...thought- that place is a dump! Found out there is a La Luna in Granada SPAIN, LOL!Anyway, the correct website has a children "policy" -not disallowing them. Still looks like a beautiful place, but the airfare and time to get there were outrageous from Louisville.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:22 AM
linda

Sorry- I meant Jennifer, not Tweedy.Rich, take a look at Caneel at St John, Little Dix Bay at Virgin Gorda. Both very lovely!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Maureen

Unless you're traveling to a couples resort like Sandals there may be children at any resort. I would say for more adult oriented resorts: Super Clubs Grand Lido Sans Souci or Jamaica Inn--all in Jamaica. Also, Cobblers Cove in Barbados or Pompano Beach Club in Bermuda.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Amy

I don't know if you have already referenced Fodors online but if you go to his MiniGuide section--go to the dropdown list and choose Caribbean and then the island you will get information on hotels etc. Traveler's comments on each hotel can be displayed by clicking on "User Rating".

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Amy

I meant "Destination Guides" not MiniGuides.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Stephanie

The Four Seasons in Nevis is spectacular. You don't sound like a SuperClubs person and I don't mean any offense to anyone out there but we loved the Four Seasons, CapJuluca, Little Dix (has kids now), Point Grace (amazing), and Peter Island.<BR>Peter island has the most amazing beaches and service. It's also luxurious but casual and no kids.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Penney

I too ws also going tosuggest Pink Sands. Also, I have read that Four Seasons is considered one of the best along with Ocean Club in Bahamas.