Reload this Page >

turks: will we get bored

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
stephen

i am planning a trip to either turks and caicos, tortolla, or us virgin islands and just trying to figure out which would be the best place to go. we are going in february. would like to relax, play tennis, snorkel and perhaps have some other little things to do. we will be there 5 to 6 days. any reccomendations? feel free to include any other places.<BR><BR>thanks

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:31 PM
xxx

hello

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:27 PM
Cathy

I have never been to Turks and Caicos, but it is on my &quot;to do&quot; travel list. I am a snorkel fanatic and a beach fanatic and T&amp;C are know to be tops in both these catagories, so I would be happy there.<BR><BR>However, I have been to the USVI several times and one of the things I love about going there is the great variety of things to do. I have never been bored in the USVI. If you want more of a city like atmosphere, you can hang out on St. Thomas. If you want to get away from it all, go to St. John. There is great snorkeling and a trip the the BVI is very easy. There is tennis, golf, eco kayaking, horseback riding, and world class shopping, sailing, etc.<BR><BR>I am pretty sure that T&amp;C have tennis and other activities. Whether there are enough activities to keep you from being bored, someone else will have to answer.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:21 AM
xxx

We spent one week in Provo. It is great for relaxing, long walks on the beach. Other than that I found it to be a rather quiet Island. Just depends what you are looking for I suppose. It is a gorgeous beach, the snorkelling was good off the beach at that time. I don't recall see tennis courts but I wasn't looking for any.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Cathy

We have been at Turks and Caicos,,it is definitely not a party island, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, relax and read,,the fun we had was at the local evening restaurant, just talking and eating and drinking with the people from all over the world...great conversations and time. You can always &quot;find&quot; the wildside, but we weren't looking. SLOW PACED

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Maria

Have been to Turks and Caicos. Great snorkeling, beautiful beaches, no crowds, friendly people, good restaurants. Car rental is a must. One highlight was the day we spent snorkeling around a deserted island (that we were left on with provisions, etc.). Very relaxing trip. However, T &amp; C is pretty quiet,esp. after dark. Not a whole lot going on. If you are an action-seeking individual, this is not the place for you.