Search

Turks/Grace Bay

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks/Grace Bay

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate beaches of Turks/Caicos or Grace Bay? Would you like to visit island again? Is it good choice for 4 year old child? Is this island better than other islands like Aruba or Puerto Rico?
Old May 17th, 2003, 12:17 PM

These are among the best beaches in the Caribbean (T/C). They're white, soft, uncrowded and water is clear and not rough.
T/C are very quiet. There are some very nice resorts, too, which offer their own social options.
Aruba has very nice beaches as well, but is much more touristy vs T/C. Water's not quite as quiet or clear. Offers much more to do and many good restaurants. Both T/C and Aruba are low crime islands. Aruba tends to be cheaper.
Old May 18th, 2003, 05:31 AM

10 for beaches, 10 for the people, 2 for island culture, 1 for music, 8.5 for food, 9.5 snorkeling, 9.5 diving, 1 island beauty (past the beaches), 9 resorts, 7.5 golf course, 9 sun , 9 mosquitos (it rained prior to us getting there and they were plentiful, screens on lanais at resorts) 10 uncrowded (no stoplights or city), 2 road conditions, 10 use of US dollar, 10 language (English), 9.5 no crime, 10 economy (full employment), 9 kids at all inclusives,
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:35 AM

Their beaches are absolutely beautiful. The best I've ever seen. We would definitely visit this island again. I'm not sure if your 4-year old would like this place. I stayed at The Sands Resort and saw a few kids around that age having a great time just building sandcastles and wading in the water everyday. If your child prefers more action than that, then maybe the Beaches Resort in Turks would be a good place to stay. We walked by Beaches on our way to the snorkel reef and we saw tons of kids involved in a bunch of water activities and there were lots of Beaches employees on hand to help supervise and keep them entertained.
Old May 21st, 2003, 07:52 AM
JMM

Beach: 9 out of 10 (and I am only giving it a 9 because of the lack of shade).
Water colour and clarity: 10 out of 10
Swimability (no huge waves or nasty currents): 10 out of 10
Old May 21st, 2003, 01:56 PM

The Grace Bay Beach in Provo is consistently rated among the top three in the Caribbean by readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Caribbean Travel and life. The beach is fantastic and color of the water awesome. have to disagree with the rating of 1 for music. Not a lot of night life but every night there is a band playing during dinner somewhere on the island. The other two you mentioned are too touristy for our tastes. We are headed to Provo for the 14th time 3 June so that should tell you something--We're hooked !!!
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:06 PM

Sounds a good tip, will check that out, thanks.
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:46 PM

Music was elevator reggae music at most places. In short, dinner music like Howard said. The one man at Anacaona took a 1.5 hour break. Great mood music but nothing to get your feet tapping.
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:57 PM

Grace Bay rates a 10+++ with us. We just returned 3 weeks ago, and would go back at the drop of a hat!
Like a previous post, not sure if it is for a 4 year...I stayed at The Sands as well...and not many children there...I guess you know your child best.

As far as music, every night we were able to find something...and on our last night there...Friday night we went to StarDust (a local nightclub) and were dancing under the stars till 4a. They do not close till the last person leaves...and that was not happening anytime soon.

I had never been to Aruba, but my boyfriend has and he thinks TC is WAY better. I've been to PR and think TC is WAY better!