Search

Turks or Curacao

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks or Curacao

Myself and friends,which are single females are planning a trip to either the Turks or Curacao in July. Any recommendations as to which island location and/places to stay at either island. We love the beach and snorkeling and sailing. Thanks
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:33 PM
KVR

Two different places. T & C Grace Bay and other beachs are gorgeous. Soft white sand and crystal clear water. Great for snorkeling and sailing. T & C easier to get to from the US.

Curacao has many coves or inlets for beaches. No long stretches of sand. Sand is made of up crushed coral. You'll need water shoes. Quite difficult and expensive to get to from many US points of origin.

Both are fairly commercialized and easy to get around in a rental car. Both are flat, but Curacao looks alot like Arizona. Good snorkeling. Not so familair with sailing there.

It really depends on what you are looking for. We enjoyed both for different reasons, but T & C won out for beaches, water clarity, easier to get around and more convenient to get to. Would return to T & C for the right price. Have no intention of ever going back to Curacao for any reason. We loved Aruba so much more and can't wait to return there instead.
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM

We love the Marriott in Curacao. They have a huge beach in front. One of the fun things we did there was to visit the Curacao Distillery where we tried all kinds of Curacao liqueurs. It's a very beautiful island and it's one of those places that has sunny weather all year. Getting around is relatively easy. It has much to offer in the way of nightlife. There are many great restaurants there, but if you're interested in fast food, they do have McDonald's as well.
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM

If you like to snorkel I would pick Curacao. The snorkeling is superb! We stayed on the West End at Kura Hulanda Lodge. The beaches at Cas Abou and Porto Marie were some of the most beautiful with great snorkeling...soft sand and no rocks.

Peace, Greenie
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 05:19 AM

Been to both. Very different feel. I would go back to T&C but not Curacao. We stayed at the Marriot and that was nice. I was not impressed with the beaches on Curacao. Also too crowded for our taste. Grace bay on T&C is a gorgeous white sand beach. Many more hotel choices on T&C. More things to do culturally on Curacao.