Turks and Caicos trip report

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks and Caicos trip report

We just got back from our second visit to Provo and had a wonderful time. We stayed once again at the Sands,3rd floor ocean front one bedroom suite.The weather was terrific with rain only one afternoon. The first time we went we rented a car for a couple of days but this time had one all week and used it just about everyday.It was nice to have that option but you can definitely get by without a car. We ate at several restaurants,some expensive and some less so and you know,all the food was good. The Tiki Hut is great for a less expensive meal and the chicken rib combination for $10.00 on Wednesday is terrific. We also ate at Danny Buoy's,an Irish PUb, The Anacaona,Mango Reef,Hemmingways,and the Coyaba. We walked the beach a lot in both directions,from the Coral Gardens down to Club Med and you can't really go wrong with any of the hotels,it's just what you prefer.I had heard here,that there was a problem with the J an B Tours concerning an explosion and loss of life so checked into that and found out the scoop. There was an explosion quite awhile ago and a man died from a heart attack. There is a law suit pending but J@B is in operation as usual. Guess I'll just sit here and dream over the digital photos I took. How can anything be as blue as Chalk Sound????
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 06:12 AM
cdt

Was there any construction going on adjacent to The Sands?
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

It is exactly as everyone has said in other posts. There is construction going on all over Grace Bay and boy I hated seeing that but to answer your question there was work being done about a quarter of a mile away and you can't hear any of it from the Sands. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't walked right past it.
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:58 AM

Hi -
Was the construction next to the Sands that you referred to for their "sister" property that they're selling units for in the Sands lobby? Or was it a different unrelated property? I'm just worried about them building right next door while we're there (thinking May 2004). Is that what has already begun but is not heard from the Sands? I guess from all the posts I've read that the noise shouldn't be an issue at the Sands...
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:43 AM
rst

The "sister" property is a distance down the shore and is the one referred to in the above posts. But it is quite a distance away. The property right next door remains as it was. There is now a sign on it about a whole village to be built, but it is not being built on that property. It will be about 1/4 mile inland and it should be great: restaurants, shops, parks, etc. But it seems that it will be years before it's completed( or maybe even started!).
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 07:38 AM

Thanks. After all the assurances we've gone ahead and booked for this May. Can't wait!!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 11:39 AM
rst

We'll be there in May as well. We have a male"Leslie" in the family. Are you so afflicted? !!!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 07:59 AM

No, I'm not the of the male variety. I did have a great-uncle named Leslie but my folks swear I'm not named after him...