Turks&Caicos, DR or Anguilla

Old Feb 4th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks&Caicos, DR or Anguilla

Planning a Caribbean vacation and can't decide on whether or not to do Turks & Caicos, Domincan Republic or Anguilla. There is one couple (another may join us)without kids and we enjoy beach, pool, sun, golf & dining out.

Your suggestions & help are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 01:48 PM

You might read the thread above addressed to HowardC re Provo and Anguilla. No golf course on Anguilla. Nice one on Provo $100+per round. Dr is quiet different than the other two. Large resorts, very touristy etc
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 01:52 PM

I've been to all three of these islands and would recommend Anguilla for what you want. Beaches in Anguilla and TC are about equal but the restaurants are much better in Anguilla.I do not golf so I really remember who had what.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 04:34 PM
KXR

Please don't even include T & C and Anguilla with Domincan Republic. THat's like comparing Ghetto Mania with Sophisticated Elegance.

Old Feb 4th, 2005, 05:34 PM

DR is a contrast with T&C and Anguilla. However, you will find much better golf courses in DR as well as island beauty as its far more green and lush. T&C and Anguilla have spectacular beaches and a bit more of an upscale feel, definitely Anguilla and more remote. Both of the latter are flatter, dryer islands and you'll find the water, calmer and clearer. Its the trade off for island beauty. T&C has some of the most spectacular water, one of the most brilliant I've seen.

It depends on what your main priorities are for a vacation. DR will certainly be cheaper.

For the golf course on Provo, T&C...I've played it, actually its quite good...of course its flat and many sand hazards...its kind of unique, well kept...great club house. I do recommend it, though you'll find more plush, lush in DR.

Good luck and happy travels.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your responses. Truly appreciate the insight.