Search

turks and caicos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turks and caicos

Hello-

Is there an abundance of nightlife in the Turks and Caicos or is it extremely quiet. My husband and I are just looking for some jazz, piano, a band etc.. and also a few places to have drinks at within walking distance to the hotels, not until the wee hours of the night, just until about 10-11pm. We are thinking of the Sands or Ocean Club. Also, any public transportation or bus svc between hotels? Many Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 01:41 PM

Relatively quiet. Wed Fri and Sat there is a live band at Anacona--Grace bay Club that plays during dinner. On Friday there is music at Ports of Call at Calico Jacks. Danny Buoys ahs live music--Don't know which nights Call to find out. Sands has a BBque night Tueday with live music and there is live music at Banana Boat on Fri. If you want to go local Hole in the Wall has a seafood buffet on Tuesday with rake and scrape music. They will provide transportation to and from the restaurant
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! We don't require alot of entertainment, so what you are telling me sounds perfect. We wanted to make sure there was somewhat of a nightlife there.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 03:28 PM

The Wednesday before you go, go to TCIENEWS.COM, click on restaurants, it will tell you everything going on for the Provo for the week. It changes every Wed.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:53 AM

Howard....you truly are full of knowledge!!! The Hole in the Wall restaurant sounds like a great idea for us with the children. The rake and scrape is something that I think we would all enjoy hearing and the pick-up/drop-off from the Sands is an added plus. Is the seafood buffet worth it? What is the selection of food and do you remember the approximate cost? What time does the music start and are reservations suggested? Or do they not take reservations? Are other items available to eat since my kids are not big fish eaters?! Thanks!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 01:37 PM

Mass Mom--Haven't had a chance to try Hole in the Wall yet. Hope to this time. It is on the Airport road. The buffet and music start 7-- 7:30 PM. Phone number is 941-4136. Will post a trip report when I get back
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 05:57 AM

Thanks, Howard...can't wait to read your trip report!
Old May 11th, 2005, 04:50 PM

Janie,
No idea what made me think of this. There is some nightlife in TCI. When we went 2 years ago, we had one of the bartenders we got friendly with to one of the local reggae/dance/R&B club. We (with another couple) were probably the only tourists there; but we had a great time. Down side, we left on Saturday AM and I had a hangover from hell...was not a pleasant flight home.

But there is indeed, some sort of nightlife in TCI...just have to get friendly with the locals. (PS we are in our 30s, not like we are 18 looking for a big nightclub night out)
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

truppidavies, thank you! yes, not looking for a late night 4am club, just a couple places to have a drink and listen to some music. sounds like fun! we think we will book RWI.