Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Trip Insurance because of Northwest Airlines strike?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 04:00 PM
owa

Hi, we are going to Peter Island 9 September on NW using FF miles. We have already paid for PI and 3 nights in STT. I'm not concerned about the FF miles, but I am concerned about the paid lodging.

Has anyone been in this situation? I don't know if NW would help us re-book since we are using FF miles. We called NW and they said, of course, that flights will go on as normal. My husband's company will not book him on NW for next month's travel.

Does anyone have a trip insurance company they would recommend?

I guess I should have put "possible strike" in my title!

Thanks, Owa

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our NW mechanic friends are telling us they are prepared and planning on being on strike. All airlines tell you that flights will go on as normal. Do not count on it. The travel agents I know here (Twin Cities) are not booking on NW for the immediate future. Absolutely get cancellation insurance.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 05:18 PM
owa

Knowing, I may be out of luck! Travel Guard Insurance has a list of airlines that might strike. Northwest was on it and I would have had to purchase before the middle of July. Thanks for your reply. Owa

Old Aug 13th, 2005, 06:27 AM

Did you check with PI as to if they are willing to work something out with you should you not be able to get there? I would call or email the resort manager.Best wishes and I really hope you get to go, it is a wonderful place. Even if they will give you credit, let you change the dates etc. Let us know how it all goes, and best wishes, Carol
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 12:48 PM

Ohhhhh.... Well, considering that September 9th is less than 30 days away, I don't think you would have much luck, but I think it's worth a try to plead with PI. Otherwise, I guess you may just end up with a less desirable flight schedule on another line. Good luck to you!