Search

Tortola recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tortola recommendation

We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and are looking for reccommendations for a fun and romantice getaway on Tortola. Can anyone help us? We like the beach, the outdoors and nightlife.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 02:16 PM

I think that the Sugar Mill would provide a very romantic anniversary celebration. It's got one of the best restaurants on the island right there, plus it's within walking distance of a handful of others. Bomba's is right down the road for a bit of nightlife, or Sebastian's for nights when they have live music. Otherwise Cane Garden Bay is a short drive away.

Sugar Mill atmosphere is intimate, quiet, and laid back. It's a small property. the beach it's on is tiny but fine for end of the day relaxation, but chances are with your sense of adventure you'd be out exploring the marvelous beaches around the island anyway.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 07:51 PM

i agree with ejcrowe..Sugar Mill !!wherever you stay on tortola..imo..a must is to rent a car so you can explore the island. also, a day trip to VG or Jost would be on the list too !!what time of year are you planning to go ??
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to ejcrowe and tess53; we just looked at the Sugar Mill web site and it looks very, very nice! We ran across the Old Mill Works and the Lighthouse Villa yesterday on line and they also looked promising. Is anyone able to comment on either of those and/or contrast them with the Sugar Mill?
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Opps! Forgot to reply to tess53: The trip time of year is sort of fluid. Our anniversary is in November, but my wife teaches, so summer tends to work better for her. Is there a time (or times) of the year you do not recommend? I understand that November can be rainy.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 04:51 PM

I haven't stayed at either of the other places, I've driven past them in the Cane Garden Bay area. Diana, a frequent poster here, stayed at Lighthouse a few years ago. if you do a search for them, her trip report should come up. As I recall, she liked the place, really liked the owners, enjoyed the location, but thought it was a little pricey for what it offered. The trip was probably back in 2003 or 2004 and she explored much of the US/BVI over the course of an extended vacation.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:29 AM

Long Bay Beach, Sebastians, and Sugar Mill are in a great area. I don't know how much you want to spend.

Def. rent a car and drive all over. Very nice island. Lots of great areas and beaches.

Have fun!

Peace, Greenie