Search

Mustique/Firefly

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustique/Firefly

Considering Mustique for an upcoming romantic vacation for two and think that the Firefly looks interesting. I would love to read comments from anyone with experience with the island and/or the Firefly.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:36 PM

We spent our honeymoon at the Firefly last Sept/Oct for two weeks and loved it! I actually cried when we left. It is very romantic, lots of desserted beaches, rooms at Firefly are romantic - I do not have one negative comment to make. The only thing to be aware of i sif you go off season, the island is pretty quiet. We had enough fun with Stan & Liz though and we made long lasting frienddhips with some of the villa owners. I found the Firefly by surfing the web and was a little hesitant because it's hard to find a lot of info on them. With no hesitation - I say go go go! You will not regret it.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:37 PM

Oh, and by the way, we are going back for 2 weeks this summer!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:19 PM
Sunnyboy

Mustique is a very quiet island and very upscale. It has only two small resorts, Cotton House and Firefly. Both are very romantic. The rest of the island consists of private villas that cater to the "rich and famous". The island has lots of great beaches with virtually no one on them. It's a beautiful little island with hardly a blade of grass out of place. You get around the island on golf carts (you can drive around the entire island in less than 45 minutes). There's no shopping (just a small boutique and convenience store) to speak of and night life is limited to Basil's Beach Bar which draws the sailing crowd that anchor their yachts overnight in the bay. This is a perfect place to truly get away from the outside world.

Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:21 AM

I absolutely loved the Firefly. It is almost like in staying at someone's villa. You are totally spoiled. The staff is wonderful. The views and accommodation are great. Do it!
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your comments! It sounds like the place for us-we're in and looking forward to it.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM

Is it possible to do a day trip to the Tobago Cays from Mustique? I am looking at the Firefly, too, and it looks great!
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 06:24 AM
DerekD

It sure is! Depending on where you are staying, your hotel can arrange it for you.

Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM

I did a review of our stay at the Fire Fly at http://www.scubamom.com/grenadines/firefly/

Really pretty little inn - the cascading pools are wonderful. Depending on when you go, if it is during the warmer months, I'd opt for one of their air-conditioned room. Ours had a little plunge pool on the patio that overlooked the ocean.

Be sure to go to Basils on Wednesday night for the big blow out buffet. It starts around 8pm, but I'd get there soon for drinks and a big table. Also entertainment.