Search

Tensing Pen

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tensing Pen

Message: Earlier this month I posted a question regarding the Rockhouse vs. The Caves - as it turns out the other couple we are to travel with has budget concerns regarding Rockhouse and would prefer Tensing Pen. Last year I visited the property during a trip to The Caves but was not fortunate enough to get a full look at villas, size of the property. We will certainly be going to Tensing Pen as we do not want our companions to feel as though we are not considerate of their financial preferences - but I wondered if some of you could speak to the rooms there in comparison to the Rockhouse, privacy, and the curious restaurant situation. It seems very vague as to whether or not food is actually served - or whether there is a bar. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Hopefully someone that has stayed there will come along and answer...but my understanding is that there is a kitchen that is shared and a cook is available, or you can do it yourself.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Liza - I have heard something about the kitchen but then I recently read somewhere that that has ceased. Hopefully someone will answer - I appreciate your reply!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 02:39 AM
KDR

I recently stayed at The Rockhouse, having chosen it over Tensing Pen. We didn't visit Tensing Pen, so take my answer for what it is worth. The reason we didn't stay at Tensing Pen is b/c I wanted a bar and a pool, and Tensing Pen doesn't have either, although it looks beautiful and I think the villas are more isolated than at The Rockhouse. My understanding is like Liza's--there is a communal kitchen, although several nights a week dinner is prepared and served by a cook. So on nights without a cook, you fend for yourself, on the other nights, you can join everyone if you wish.
Finally, my understanding is that the property suffered pretty serious damage during the hurricane--something else to check out.
Good luck! Kym
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM

Current Tensing Pen pic:

http://www.negril.com/config.pl?noframes;read=17106

...if you go to http://www.negril.com/config.pl?noframes;search and enter "Tensing Pen" and specify the last 60 days, you'll get a lot of info.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks to all of you who replied - checking out the link left by Liza.
Did you enjoy your stay at Rockhouse - was there much damage?