Search

T&C Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2006, 07:00 AM
RJC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C Hotels

Looking for T&C Provo Hotel/Grace Bay. Have seen posts on Ocean Club, RWI, Sabonne, etc. Would like to stay directly on beach for $200-300/night if possible. Have 2 boys ages 4 and 5 so would like child friendly hotel or more importantly where we wont disturb others. Will rent a car to get around; restaurants off site are fine so no worry about confinement to hotel. Just want pool, nice beach, family environment most important. Thanks
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 09:08 AM

rwi is definetly the most kid friendly on your list and a very nice resort. there is a beaches resort, but they are ai. sibonne is a small boutique hotel, lovely but quiet and not alot of young families. ocean club west is the newer of the 2 ocean clubs and maybe a bit nicer of the 2.
all 4 resorts are directly on grace bay beach which is the main feature of this island. the beach is quite wide in front of all, so never too crowded.
i love having a car on provo as things are a bit spread out - well too far for walking.
for food you might like tiki hut by the turtle cove marina. less expensive than most places, fun food, and boats for watch while you eat. or danny bouy's has things like chicken pot pie. at rwi or ocw you will have a kitchen and the grocery store is pretty much what you find at home except the prices.
you might take a ride to sapodilla bay beach or just down the street from it taylor bay beach. both on the south side near chalk sound, which is a must see. both very shallow (taylor is knee high for a looong way out) and great beaches for kids to play safely in the water. oh and the sand on taylor is the softest i've ever felt - like talcum powder!
have you looked at www.provo.net or www.wherewhenhow.com ?, both are good info sites.
here's a link to a great island map: http://www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com/map.htm
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 09:10 AM

I've also heard good things about the Sands for families. We stayed at OCW 3 years ago. I would say avoid Beaches if possible, they had a tiny beach and it was very crowded.
Trish
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 09:59 AM

Kid friendly beach side resorts with nice pools for kids are The Sands Resort, Ocean Clubs East and West, the Alexandra Resort, and Royal West Indies. The Sibonne really doesn't have a very big pool, its round and about the size of an above ground pool. All of the resorts mentioned have restaurants on the property and are within walking distance to at least two to three other restaurants
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 12:07 PM
RJC
Original Poster

Thank you all.. We have traveled enough pre-kids to not like the all-inc places. We like the variety and ability to explore the island; this will be our first Caribean trip with the boys though. Sand, pool, sun, casual restaurants where the price doesnt hurt too much and/or take too long is key with the little guys. I really like Sibonne but do hear you about it not being real family oriented. We live in Florida so it is only a short flight to T&C for us. Unfortuntately I am trying to book this spring some time so watching for specials etc as I realize it is high season prior to Apr.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Hello,

Have you looked into a private home or villa? There are some excellent options, plus you will be able to live like a local. There will be separate bedrooms, living area, pool and often, a staff to assist you with the daily household duties. You might consider bringing another family with other kids for your kids to play with during your stay. It also helps with the costs, too. Kids love being close to the local culture and learn a lot about other people, too.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 01:12 PM

OC East has a kids cluages 4-12)that your boys could attend any morning. Also have Dinner and a movie night(for children) one or two nights a week. It is a very kid friendly place and the girls at Cabana Bar are great with children. The beach is beautiful and pretty secluded on the end of Grace Bay. No construction nearby!
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
RJC
Original Poster

Thank you all; Provogirl too. Yes, OC and OCW we are also concidering. I just read a post about RWI that I didnt like too much. It is located in a part of the Grace Bay where the waves are larer etc.. Is this true? May seem like a non-issue for some but with 2 young ones it is definately an issue. We live on the Gulf in Florida with flat calm waters, no waves and they love the Gulf even more than the pool. Any advice here? Thanks again.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 07:40 PM

The end of the beach that the Alexandra and Coral Gardens is on is very calm. Also if price is a factor try the Seagate, not right on the beach, but its a very short walk
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 12:20 PM

I would definitely look into Seagate. It is right behind Coral Gardens about a two min walk to the beach. They have a nice pool and suites have kitchens. One advantage is there is a reef for snorkeling right in front of CG. You might also check out www.luxurylink.com. Some Provo resorts have auction packages on that site. Also check Spirit Airlines--the fly to Provo from Ft Lauderdale and are probably cheaper than American via Miami Have ben to Provo over twenty times and stayed at Coral Gardens at Least 15.
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 09:07 AM
RJC
Original Poster

Thanks Howard and TOldtimer; unfortunately I want it all of course. On the beach, have frequent flyer miles so looking to pay for just hotel. I think CG which if I understand correctly is now Reef Residences is out of my league so it just comes down to 2 places for me that I can see. Sands or RWI. Seems like I cant lose with both but as you can imagine trying to pick best for my situation; 4 and 5 yr old boys are the drivers, calm water, clean/safe hotel rooms. Beyond that we are looking for what exactly T&C will give us; not much nightlife but beautiful beaches and relaxation. That being said, your personal favorite if you put yourself in my shoes; 39 yr old couple, young boys, will have a rental car so not concerned about getting around to restaurants, will seek out hte casual/less fancy (kids can make it through 2 hr dinner tops) etc..??