Sundance villa St. John

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Sundance villa St. John

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever stayed at Sundance villa in Hart bay. We are deliberating between this one and beyond the sea in Maria Bluff. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:42 AM

I have to answer because I hate it when no one answers. While I don't have any specific information on either of these properties, I can tell you a little about the locations which may help you decide. Both locations are on the southern side of the island and are not too far away from Cruz Bay. Maria Bluff is closer to town and a more developed meaning a few more neighbors and better roads. Hart Bay is more remote and depending on where you are, you may be able to access the water. Maria Bluff is well, a bluff and overlooks the ocean. Very pretty views. In choosing a villa, it seems you have to know your own comfort level. If you are fairly heat tolerant, you may be able to do without airconditioning in most of the house, but I would definitely recommend airconditioning in the bedroom. We stayed in a place with nothing but a ceiling fan and it was very HOT. Of course, the time of year matters too. We just came home from spending most of January and the weather was very pleasant for us New Englanders 70-74 at night, and about 78-84 during the day. Sweet. The locals were shivering.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 11:22 AM
jcb

Hi iso_sun

USVI-on-line has some reviews and discussions on it. You can do a search on the travel forum to see them. Here is a link to one.

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cgi...7_2005+16097.2
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM

We stayed at Sundance villa two years ago in January. I would have found that house to be a good value if it was $500 cheaper. I just felt I've stayed at better- for the price.

The villa was nice and spacious. Had a pool and hot tub which were great. The mosquitoes were a problem and we were there in dry season. You couldn't sit out on the patio in the morning unless you had those mosquito coils going. There was a lot of construction across the bay so the view was not great- lots of mud. They tell you you can walk to the beach, but my husband did and it was a horrible path through the bushes. He only did it once and said that was enough.

Now for the good stuff, the living room was large and had a bed/couch that was great to curl up and read. The pool was on the lower level with two of the bedrooms and very private. The hot tub was on the same level as the main part of the house and the master bedroom- also private. There was a combination dining room (with dining room table) and living room. Galley kitchen with washer and dryer between kitchen and master bdrm shower. Master bdrm shower (entry through bdrm or kitchen)- open air top (it is screened. The bedrooms were large.

I've been to St. John many times houses I liked include Sapphire Breze, Nautilus, and Haiku (Haiku is open living, so you have to go into the bedroom when sun goes down to get away from bugs). We're trying French Cap next week and Mogans Point week after that.
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Just returned from a stay at Sundance Villa -was great - good location - quiet but only a few minutes from Cruz Bay - Simple Feast just a couple of minutes away for basics and some great ppick up meals - perfect for two of us - loved the small but very private pool - well equipped - good rental agency - most helpful - gorgeous views and you can hear the ocean at Hart Bay - plus decks at late afternoon sun perfect for happy hour and a swim near sunset. Not the ultra sophisticted type of villa - very comfortable.