Bad neighborhoods in St. John?

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad neighborhoods in St. John?

Never been before. Just got cheap airfare and am looking into condos/villas. Is there any area I should avoid? Is one area preferable over another? FYI- we are taking our kids, ages 8 and 11, with us. We are not fancy resort people. We are quiet and clean condo, we'll-carry-our-luggage-ourselves folks. Thanks for any help you can offer. Nancy
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 05:50 AM

Nancy, there really are no bad areas on St. John...it's a tiny island with lots of friendly people. Wherever you end up getting lodging, you'll be fine!
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 05:06 PM

Hi Nancy,
You sound a lot like me and my family. We rented a villa from Nancy of Caribe Havens in July. It was called Great Escape. We loved it! It had a 10'x20' pool with three bedrooms and a huge patio. It was heaven-only thing was that it was 20 minutes from Cruz Bay and you will need a 4x4 jeep rental. If you are going in the summer the rate isn't too bad-you get a lot more privacy for a bit more money than any of the condos. We liked the town of Cruz Bay but it was wonderful to be quiet in the mornings and the evenings.
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 06:26 PM

hobojo,
We stayed in Great Escape in Fec. 2001. I had seen on their site that they had installed the pool. Where on earth did they put it? Did they put it right off the house where the deck would have been?

Also, was it windy on the deck? When we stayed there it was super windy, however, we were told that it was unusual.

Anyway, NANCYRUSINAK, you cant go wrong with this villa. We loved it also.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 07:54 AM

Hi Jectac,
The pool is built into the deck right off of the master bedroom. It was not windy there-it was only breezy on the main patio-but I was there in July so it was a welcome relief from the heat and very pleasant. In fact, we never even used the AC. I believe that the winds there are the trade winds that blow continuously. There are also new owners-a couple from Wyoming recently purchased the villa and they are making some other improvements.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 09:21 AM
mm

Hello Nancy,

Would you please give the flight info? Interested in fare, airline, and departure city.

Thanks very much.

mm
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 12:53 PM

Where did you find your airfare? Where are you located?