Sugar Mill or Prospect Reef

Jun 1st, 2002, 05:13 AM
Nicole

Sugar Mill or Prospect Reef

I had literature on both reaorts sent to me & I am even moe confused? Are they both on a beach? This is for my honeymoon, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jun 1st, 2002, 05:36 AM
ML

I have only stayed at Long Bay, but have heard good things about Sugar Mill. Prospect Reef is near road town and not on a beach. Although its convenient for boat trips and shopping I would rather be at Sugar Mill as far as location.

Jun 1st, 2002, 05:42 AM
linda

Nicole,
I also stayed at Long Bay for my honeymoon.Sugar Mill is close- it is not on a beach, but across the road from a small one.

Jun 1st, 2002, 06:52 PM
Dave

Hi Nicole -

Prospect Reef is on the Channel (south side) of Tortola and has no beach.

Sugar Mill is on the North Shore where most of Tortola's beaches are BUT they're not blessed with much of one. They have constructed a breakwall and an very small beach/swimming area. OK for a dip and sun but a let down if you
are looking for an awesome beach to stay on.

If you want a nice beach at your doorstep and those romantic strolls after dark, check out Long Bay Beach Resort, Lambert Bay Resort and any of the Inns at Cane Carden Bay.

Dave

Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:37 AM
Nicole

Thanks for helping me out. I just got the pamphlet feom Long Bay, is that on a beach? If so a nice one?

Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:21 AM
ML

There are some rooms on the beach.
The other rooms are hillside a short walk to the beach with beautiful views of the caribbean. The beach at Long Bay is pretty but very short beach space and rocky. Smugglers cove is a short walk or drive as well as other beaches on near you. We rented a car and took alot of day trips. We took a ferry ride to Jost Van Dyke,
sail trip or ferry to the baths on Virgin Gorda.
Don't forget to visit the Bomba Shack
for Bomba Punch or the full moon Party.

Have Fun.

Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:04 AM
linda

Nicole,
The beach at Long Bay is a bit rocky for swimming in places, but it's a LONG beach, and is very nice at the end. Smuggler's is an easy walk- 10 minutes.It is a beautiful view- we stayed in a jacuzzi suite on the hill overlooking the stunning water with a view of Jost. Did the same day trip as ML- rented our jeep at Long Bay. I highly recommend this as a honeymoon spot- we loved it.