Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

string of pearls, meritage cottage, windcrest?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed in any of these St. John villas? We are a couple looking for a reasonable stay - $350 or less per night. Help please?
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 04:27 AM

There's a review of Meritage Cottage on USVIOL dated 10/15/07. Several references to String of Pearls but no reports. String of Pearls has no reservations listed for Feb/Mar which makes one wonder, ' What am I missing?' If you do a search on 'Pearls' on USVIOL, Meritage is mentioned as an option by someone who stayed there almost every year. Another option is to PM the poster who stayed at a place on your list. I've usually received very useful information through the PM method.

Good luck on the search. We went through the process in August and it can be very stressful at times.
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for this info, Roberto. Where did you end up staying? Excuse my techie ignorance, but what/how is PM?
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 03:48 AM

We ended up booking Creolla on Ajax Mountain. I've had it bookmarked for years and almost forgot about it during my search for a place to stay next year.

PM is private message. Don't believe that it's an option on Fodor's but most forums allow it to be used for private messages between posters. In reference to St. John my PMs tend to be about the road access, how steep and if paved or not.
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

That's funny, I was just looking at Creolla. Have you stayed there yet, or is that trip yet to come?
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 03:22 AM

This will be our first stay at Creolla. Did the usual research for trip reports and now I always ask about the road. It doesn't have air or a pool but still seems to be a good value.

A word of caution. The on-line availability calendar was not up to date. We could not get ten days in February and ended up booking in March.