St. Thomas Question

Jul 10th, 2019, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

St. Thomas Question

Hello call me crazy due to hurricane season but my husband and I just booked a week in August. I am not interested in car rental due to the driving changes from what we are use to in U.S We are staying at a Wyndham on the East Side. I am wondering if we should use the hotel transportation which I believe is $80.00 rd trip or utilize taxi service. Thanks for any advice.
Jul 12th, 2019, 10:24 AM

Are you staying at Margaritaville? A shared taxi should be $11 per person plus luggage from the airport. If you don't have a car, taxis charge per person, so add something like $16 round trip to Red Hook for dinner for two. It adds up quickly.
Jul 13th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Yes we are. I am concerned about the driving on the other side of road. We always rent a car and my husband wants to but I am not comfortable with doing so. Thank you for the information.
Jul 13th, 2019, 11:34 PM

Hundreds of thousands of Americans successfully drive on the 'wrong' side of the road every year. I'm in England right now and have been.

Let your husband rent a car. It takes just a few miles to get used to things.
Jul 14th, 2019, 10:54 AM

I've seen Americans driving on the wrong side of the road in the Caribbean, most recently in T&C last year. One of them decided that they should stop half way around the roundabout, for no apparent reason. Understanding the rules of the road might help, as well as getting used to the other side.