Search

st. thomas or st. john

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:30 AM
chris

st. thomas or st. john

im planning a honeymoon to st. thomas and st. john next summer. I want to stay on one island and visit the other to minimize packing and unpacking. Which island would be better to stay on? I like beaches and snorkeling but also something to do at night.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:19 AM
<*{{{{{{<

I asked the same question before my trip to the USVI's. I was not dissappointed with ST John. St Thomas is a dump compared to St John. Better beaches and snorkeling, less people. As far as nightlife goes St John does not have the selection STT does. There is Woody's and Duffy's Love Shack. If that is not enough you can always take the ferry or water taxi to STT and live it up there.<BR>Pick STJ and you will not be dissappointed. STT is ok at best but nothing compared to STJ. You can do your shopping on STT on a day trip. Ferries run quite frequently from STJ to STT, and the trip is quite short from Red Hook to Cruz bay.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Sandy

St. Thomas is not a dump! There's very nice resorts like the Ritz Carlton, Frenchman's Reef and Renaissance Grand. In fact we were in St. Thomas and took a catamaran over to St. John. St. John is very lush and quiet. So you really can't go wrong with either island. For nightlife you're better off in St. Thomas although there are bars at Cruz Bay in St. John.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:39 AM
<*{{{{{{<

I did say compared to St John it is a dump.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Brad

Compared to...compared to....compared to....<BR>Compared to Big Island, Bali and Bora Bora St John and St Thomas are both dumps.<BR>Now doesn't that make chris excited about planning a honeymoon there?!<BR><BR>Chris, you can find what you're looking for on either STT or STJ. There's precious little night life on STJ. Moderate on STT. Beaches on STJ are certainly nicer. <BR>I think the most important consideration is to choose the right hotel, then go from there.<BR>What price range are you in? Size of hotel an issue? Have you already selected a few places to choose from?

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:21 AM
agree

Brad you are a dork. The person was comparing the 2 islands that Chris listed. They are only six miles apart and Chris was debating which one. <BR>fish was saying that between the two islands that Chris is considering St John in better. I have been to Bali and the Big Island. Big Island compared to Bali is a dump. You prob have never been there so screw you and your Big Island.