Reload this Page >

Need HELP!!! w/ St. John & St. Thomas activity

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 08:27 AM
T. Hudson

I am leaving for my honeymoon on Sunday 8/18 for 5 days @ The Ritz on StT and 5 days @ Caneel Bay on StJ. I was hoping we could get some input on the following:<BR><BR>1) Place to eat (both fancy and "just got off the beach and need a frozen drink")<BR><BR>2) Day Sails/Snorkels (charter names and trips)<BR><BR>3) Shopping recomendations on StT<BR><BR>4) Cab or car rental and from whom?<BR><BR>Sorry for the long list, there are som many different places it makes it hard to determine which are good and which are heavy advertisers.<BR><BR>THANKS!!!!

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Michelle

T. Hudson, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. For some info on St. John, see my message "Just Returned from St. John".

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Ronnie

Dinners in St. Thomas try Alexander's in Frenchtown, Craig and Sally's, Blackbeard's, and Old Stone Farmhouse for somewhat fancy. Cuzzin's, Mim's, and Hook, Line and Sinker for just off the beach.<BR>St. John: Paradiso, Asolare, Stone Terrace, and Voyages de san Jan for fancy, just about everywhere else could be considered for just off the beach. Would consider Lime Inn and Morgan's Mango as must dos, and Shipwreck in Coral Bay.<BR><BR>Both your hotels will have packages for sailing and snorkeling that would be the best.<BR><BR>Check to see when the least amount of cruise ships are in St. Thomas, shoppping will be best then. Don't wait for Sunday's, no ships, no stores and if they open, only 'til one or so.<BR><BR>Rent a car in St. Thomas from a company that will allow you to take it to St. John, this way less schlepping and it will be cheaper in the long run. Try Discount Car Rental, Dependable or Budget. These allow their cars to go on the barge to STJ.<BR><BR>Ronnie

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 11:31 AM
denette

T.Hudson<BR>My husband and I have been to St John/St. Thomas twice, once without our sons and once with, and the time we took our boys we booked a trip through powerboat charter called Day Marine Services(800-866-5714) in Red Hook on St. Thomas. The two boats are called the Stormy Petrel and Pirates Penny. We were in St. Thomas and they docked at Cruz Bay and picked up a couple, making our group a party of 9. We went to Virgin Gorda ,snorkeled, lunched at Cooper Island, and snorkeled off of Peter Island, and then dropped them back off on St. John. The cost was $100.00 per person and it was worth absolutely every single penny. My kids,we adults had a wonderful time, saw fantastic reefs/fish galore, and they were so knowledgeable about so much. We had a blast and would recommend it to all.<BR>The time we were alone without the kids we sailed with the Coconut Cruises and were amongst a large group of adults and sailed over to Jost Van Dyke, and around St. John and snorkeled at three different beaches that day Hope this helps, there are so many GREAT beaches to see. Wish you a wonderful life together, we are celebrating our 25th this year.<BR><BR>Reataurants we loved in St. Thomas were Ruffles, Agave Terrace, Secret Harbour, and in Red Hook- Sopchoppy makes great Calzones/pizza while you sit and look over the marina there.<BR>On St. John, our favorites were Asolare and Stone Terrace.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:26 PM
T.Hudson

Thanks ALL!

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Vicki

One of my favorite restaurants in St. Thomas is the Agave Terrace at the Point Pleasant resort. Be sure to go at sunset and see the gorgeous view. I would recommend Imperial Jewelers in St. Thomas for all your diamonds, fine gems and gold items. Great prices and friendly service.