St. Thomas Hotels

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Thomas Hotels

Hi all.

I have tried finding ratings on some hotels in St. Thomas, but there seem to be none on here or Tripadvisor. So, I was wondering if any of you could shed some light.

Crystal Cove - located on Sapphire Beach
Best Western - on Lindenbergh Bay
Sapphire Village Resort

Thanks to all! Happy travels.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

OH! and Bluebeard's Beach Club (not the inn) - on Frenchman's Bay Road.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:36 PM

Hi Debbs,

Crystal Cove and Sapphire Village Resort are both condo complexes that have weekly vacation rentals. Perhaps that is why you haven't found them in hotel ratings reports. Best Western, there are two of them on Lindbergh Bay, one beachfront (Emerald Beach Resort) and the other not. It is a basic Best Western, with basic hotel rooms, on a not so basic, beautiful beach. The drawback to this hotel is that it is right next to the airport. Most who stay there, however, claim that the airport has little impact on their stay. Buebeard's Beach Club is a timeshare resort (in the Fairfield family.) I am a timeshare owner there and absolutely love it. I return there every year. It's a small (74 units) resort on a very private wonderful beach. The units are larger than most hotel rooms, but not as large as a condo would be. They have partial kitchens that are sufficient for some meal preparation.
Gerie
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 05:47 AM
cdt

We stayed at Crystal Cove 2 years ago and loved it. Our 1-BR unit was large and comfortable; there are smaller units ("studios" or "efficiencies"). CC is on Sapphire Beach, which is one of the island's best. It is set back a way with a large lawn area and pond in between.

Sapphire Village (also condos) consists of several buildings on a hillside above, and very slightly south of, Sapphire Beach. It's a bit farther from the beach than C. Cove, but not bad if you don't mind walking up and down hills. When we were there, C. Cove guests had free use of beach chairs but I believe S. Village guests had to rent them from Sapphire Beach Resort, which is an overpriced hotel between the two condo complexes.

Keep in mind that C. Cove and S. Village are not hotels, so there is no "front desk" etc. There is no restaurant at CC but there was a good one at SV 2 years ago, and there were two restaurants at the resort.

I agree with the comments above on the Lindbergh Bay hotels. I haven't seen Bluebeard's but have read mixed reviews on the quality of the beach there.
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Original Poster

guys - thanks for the advice. It's nice to hear from people who've stayed at these places. Not having a restaurant is OK by me. I was planning on bringing some dry food and possibly heading to a market for perishables.

Can't wait to go! later