Caribbean Villa for 6 Adults-next January

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a villa rental in the Caribbean for 6 adults, next January. 2 couples (25-30)-- and Mom & Dad (young 50's). None of us have ever been to the Caribbean! We don't really know where to start. Since we are from different parts of the world and don't see each other often, we'd like a nice, private, comfortable villa, 3 bedrooms & 3 baths w/ a pool(moderately priced -- maybe $3000-$4500 a week if that's possible), where we can spend some "quality" time together, but the younger set would also like some nightlife. (We'd enjoy SOME nightlife also-- but we don't keep up with the kids!) We all like hiking, biking, laying on the beach-- and if there's any nearby culture, that's a plus. We would prefer to avoid a place with a lot of children. Any suggestions of where to go or websites to check out and which of the islands should we consider?
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:33 PM

Check out St.John USVI it only has 3 resorts..so mostly villa rentals.It has great beaches for snorkeling,mountains for hiking 2/3rds of the island is a national park.It has some nightlife and is not so commercialized.It sounds perfect for what you are looking for.

I am going there in June and I rented a villa through www.vivacations.com maybe they can help you.Alot of the villas have a private pool and jacuzzi and all range in price from $1000-15,000 a week.

I have not heard a bad word about STJ yet so check it out..good luck!!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

I have seen good things about St. Johns -- I will check it out further-- thanks for the help!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM

Your welcome!!If you have more questions..post a new message with St.John in the Subject bar and you will get ALL more information about St.John from other people that have been there alot.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 05:43 AM

Check out www.villascaribe.com
They list villas around the Caribbean and Mexico. Most offer maid service, some offer cooks, most have pools. Prices are listed and lots of other information is available. You should be able to get what you are looking for in the price you want to pay.

St. Lucia is lovely with great villas - however, you would probably need to rent a car with most of the villas and they drive on the other side of the road/car. If you could get a villa near a residential area (Rodney Bay, Gros Islet or Souffriere) perhaps you wouldn't need a car.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico if your were near downtown, there would be night life and you wouldn't need to rent a car. You could cab it or take a collectivo (bus).
Some lovely villas in the Grand Caymens as well.
Have fun looking.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 07:29 AM

We go through privatehomesvi.com for St.John villas. it is a smaller agency than others but they work right out of st.john and are very nice and helpful. The homes are clean, beautiful, and moderately priced. Good Luck
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I will check out those sites!
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 05:11 PM

Linda Smith villas in Jamaica has a nice range of options.

http://www.jamaicavillas.com/
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM

Try www.wimco.com

They have villas on many of the Caribbean islands and are very particular about the villas they rent.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 10:05 AM

I have used Wimco for 4 carribean rentals, and have never been disappointed. They have a great selection. Especially for St. Barths.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 10:26 AM

Coco Lobo on St. John worked perfectly for our group.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 10:41 AM

A consideration with islands is the staff question. A maid, cook and gardener/security/driver (plus butler and bartender in high end ones) are the norm for villa rentals in Jamaica, St. John or Cayman villas/condos usually come without a staff. Not sure of the situation on other islands.

Tradeoff is privacy (except the staff usually does their thing while the guests do theirs) and having to deal with cooking, cleaning and laundry.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 01:24 PM

Kathy - I am sure you would love Nevis. It has exactly what you seem to be looking for. Here is a site with some rental villas - and this company does offer more villas too

www.nevishouses.com

Good luck! And let me know if you have any questions about it.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 01:19 PM

Try Virgin Gorda in the BVI - here is what it looks like. http://community.webshots.com/user/gordaguy

You can rent a villa there and explore some of the other islands