St John Villa's - Im going NUTS!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be going on my honeymoon in late november and after days infront of the computer I have finally narrowed my selection down to four St. John Villa:

Aria
Drake's View
Villa Carolina
Eaglesnest

Does anyone have any experience with these villas?? Ive seen very few reviews on these 4. I'll include some of what we like and dont like about these (based only on the rental websites of course).

Aria - looks nice, the price is right. The view looks good (from one corner of the pool). Im afraid the rest of the villa's view is not good. Also the pool looks tiny.

Drake's View - View appears to be amazing. Does the fact that it is so high mean it will take a while to get to beaches etc?
Pool looks small.

Villa Carolina - Looks nice, good pool. But I am concerned about the view

Eaglesnest - Ive seen very little regarding this villa. But the pictures look pretty good.

Can anyone help?
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 12:44 PM

I just went through exactly what you're going through so I know how you feel...it's overwhelming!! I can't be of much help except for being able to tell you that I finally decided on Eaglesnest earlier this week but we won't be going until next June. Hopefully someone else here can give you some feedback on these villas.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 02:50 PM

I just finished going through the same ordeal! We had no idea how many villas were available. Anyway, after exhaustive research, we found a site that really helped. It has loads of reviews: http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.co...ws/index.shtml
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM

Sometimes when people ask about villas on St. John I want to ell them they're all spectacular for the reason that they are on St. John. I guess that's terribly biased, but I think when you are considering location, I wouldn't worry too much about the distance to beaches because the island is so small! It is only abou 8 miles by 3 miles so you're never too far from anywhere. I would make sure the villa has all the amenities you want e.g. airconditioning, a jacuzzi or whatever.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 03:54 AM

The site that Sparks referred you to is an excellent source to research St. John villas. Click on 'Hotel' reviews. There's a review on Aria from 1/8/05 and Drakes's View from 7/23/05. Both are very positive. If you search the archives there you'll probably find others.

We stayed on the same unpaved road as Drakes's View. The views from Calabash Boom are impressive. None of the beaches on St. John will be far and you'll be close to some of 'off the beaten track' ones.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:04 AM

Correction:

Review on 7/23/05 was on Drake's Lookout not Drake's View.
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM

I have stayed at Drake's View and Villa Carolina. Here is my opinion: Villa Carolina is a much nicer house, more intimate, more romantic, but no hot tub. We experienced alot of wind at Drake's View but really enjoyed the hot tub. The beaches are all close so don't make that a factor. Drake's View is a large villa, if it is just the two of you, I would go smaller. I don't know the other two options you listed.

Have a great honeymoon.

MB
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 02:46 PM

Hello violu24! I have toi agree with tuxedocat that it ia hard to find as place that is not beautiful in St. John. As far as a villa is concerned if I were you I would look into Cruz Bay Villas. It is very close to Cruz Bay, has a beautiful pool, beautiful views and will save you a lot of money.