Search

St John villa for two

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St John villa for two

Any suggestions for a one bedroom villa in the Coral Bay area? The one we had stayed at previously has been sold and will not be available in 2008. We need a new terrific villa. We would like to spend $2,500 for the week.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
leavingsoon

They are up a very steep hill for which you will need 4WD, but Calabash Cottages had several 'cute" couples' type rental villas when we were looking a few years ago. They were clean and Caribbean style and very private, if that helps. Much lower than your price, I believe.

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM

We loved Stoneharbor in Coral Bay, not too far up the hill so do not have to travel too far, but still had awesome views of the harbor. google it, i cannot remember who was renting it out. Maybe Great Caribbean Getaways. in 2004 it was $1650 a week and we loved it.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Stoneharbor looks really good for us. I really do like the idea of a king size bed and AC in the master bedroom. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 05:16 AM

There is a large selection in the Coral Bay area. I can't remember whether "Siempre Azul" is in your price range, but it is right on the water (very rare) and it is absolutely lovely for 2. Also, there's a place in the Johnson Bay Estates which I can't remember the name of, and that's just steps from the water too. Check into some of the websites: www.carefreegetaways.com or www.caribbeandays.com or www.caribbeanway.com
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

I checked out Stoneharbor and am concerned about it location as it is very close to the center of Coral Bay which could have loud music. Also, it appears that the stairs between the bedroom and the other floor are outside of the building. Is that correct?

TuxedoCat, I did check out the sites you mentioned and did not find a reasonably priced accomodation with a king bed and AC for less than 2500. I wrote to Papermoon in Johnson bay to see if there is availability, but don't know if I want to give up AC, a king bed, and a view.

Sago Cottage (Calabash Cottages) looks really nice and I wrote to see if there is availability. Also, a Queen bed and no AC.

To get what I really want, it appears I will have to spend the $2,500. For that price there are a few options.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 08:56 AM

evelyntrav: I just saw some interesting possibilities on www.caribbeanvilla.com, in particular "Casa YaYa" and "Aria" and both are under $2,000 off season. By the way, when were you hoping to go?
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

We just rented Sago Cottage (Calabash Cottages), w/o air and a queen bed. We are going April 13 so there will be two days high rate and the rest low. Originally, we planned to go for one week, but the price so reasonable and the reviews here have been so good, we decided to go for two wks.

Thanks everyone, especially "leavingsoon" who suggested Calabash.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 06:44 PM
leavingsoon

I'm shocked! I actually helped someone on the forum!

Have a fabulous trip!

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 01:08 AM

We stayed at Sago for two weeks in 2003. It's a very functional studio with unbelievable views.If you elect to dine in on the porch, they have a marine grill attach to the rail. Great choice!
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM

Calabash Boom is still a very quiet, sleepy part of Coral Bay. It's conveniently located between the "village" part of Coral Bay and the south end where Miss Lucy's, Saltpond and Lameshur are located. You'll also love hanging out at Shipwreck Landing which is very reliably good food and quintessential Caribbean atmosphere. You'll love it. Johnson Bay is right there and it's a fun place to snorkel, or watch the kids sailing school on Saturday mornings. Knowing this part of the island very well, I'd add that the heat is greatly relieved by ceiling fans and the breezes that come off of the ocean. We love sitting out in the shade of our porch. We do put a portable fan out there, but it's not necessary. Also, make sure you consistently apply bug spray for protection against the inevitable mosquitos. The king bed would have been nice, but a queen is more cozy Have a great time.