Search

St Croix

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Croix

My husband and I are going to St Croix the end of January and were thinking of staying at the Pink Fancy Hotel. Has anyone been there and can let us know if it is a good place to stay. We are on a budget so it seemed reasonable.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 02:06 PM

When I have more time, I will respond to your restaurant St. Croix question...

But as far Pink Fancy goes, it has a great following. Check out reviews at tripadvisor.com. It's not in a beautiful location (it's in town Christiansted which is a fun town but Pink Fancy is not on the water) but people seem to like it. Others on here rave about Carrington Inn so that may be an option.

We've been to ST. Croix six times in seven years but I've not stayed at either place.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM

If you are on a budget and you don't mind interacting with other travelers, I'd highly recommned Carrington's Inn, which is about a five-minute drive from Christiansted. We stayed in an enormous room with a balcony and view of the Christiansted harbor for $110/night (off-season rates in April). The hosts, Roger & Claudia are so warm and full of knowledge about the island, and Claudia's breakfasts (included in the room rate) cannot be beat.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Hellotheresa52! I have heard good things about the Pink Fancy. I havent stayed there but have heard good things. If the Pink Fancy doesnt work out you should look into CARRINGTONS INN. Carringtons is a great place and it will save you money too. Go to www.carringtonsinn.com to look into it. I would probably recommend Carringtons over Pink really because Carringtons is on the beach.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 03:39 PM

I don't want to mislead Theresa52, so she should know that Carrington's is not on the beach. They do have a nice pool though with a couple of floats and amazing views. There are many good beaches within a short drive.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:04 AM

I've heard very positive things about both properties. Although Pink Fancy is not quite "in" the historic district of Christiansted, it is only about a two-block walk. I like that aspect, as it is easy to walk to the historic sites, shops - including the dive shops and snorkeling excursions - and restaurants (although I would not stagger home late at night in that area - then again, I wouldn't do that anyplace I didn't know).

Carrington's does indeed have a great view, you would definitely need a car if staying there. But if you plan on renting anyway then it's a great choice as well.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM

Theresa, there was a nice article in yesterday's Washington Post travel section about St. Croix. I think you are not supposed to post links to articles without permission, but if you go to washingtonpost.com you can read it.

Mary