Someone just book for me!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so confused!!!!!!!!!!! I go between Travelocity and Liberty.

Then between Turks, Bermuda, Barbados and on.

I just want to swim in the ocean. Lay by the pool. Relax. Maybe have golf for the hubby. Eat food that doesn't take forever to get to me and stay in a room that is clean with air and have someone that waits on me from time to time but not cost me an arm and a leg.

Does it exist?
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 02:41 PM

Give me your credit card #, I'll take care of everything.
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM

frenchtoile - first of all, you must accept "island time" which is clocked at two speeds, slow and slower. You are on vacation, relax and remember that the caribbean people are not in a hurry. My suggestion, go with Travelocity. Depending on what time of year you are going you can find bargains - Bermuda could be cooler in temps however . All locations you mentioned have properties that fit your requirements. Turks are fantastic, Barbados is too but takes a longer flight to get there. The perfect vacation is out there - set your priorities and try again!
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Did you have a chance to read the responses to your question about Bermuda?
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 05:07 PM

frenchtoile,
I've seen you post a few times very recently. I'm wondering if maybe rather than wondering if this exists, are you worried about making the WRONG choice? There really isn't such a thing. You're looking to go very soon and need to decide unless you've changed your dates.
If you're asking, Bermuda would be an easy flight for you. Lots of fun things to do and good hotels with pools. Maybe the Fairmont Princess isn't in your budget, but there are other places. Many good restaurants, tranquility and stunning views that are just breathtaking.
Barbados has beautiful beaches and the big swells on the east coast almost year round that are so much fun to see. There are many hotels that offer nice pools that won't cost you that arm and leg. You don't have to stay at Sandy Lane to get that. Tons of restaurants and new ones opening all the time. I just heard about a new one called "The Loose Cork" that is supposed to be fabulous. Open for lunch and dinner and there is live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.

Old Aug 30th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

I guess I just am worried that we will book and then get to the place we pick and end up with a rocky beach. Or a gross room. I don't want to have to think too much about where to go for dinner.

I want this to be easy.
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM

i totally hear you. i just booked a trip to the bahamas over christmas and you'd think i was performing brain surgery for the amount of angst it caused between deciding on islands, hotels, and flights. But really, let's both remember that these are wonderful problems to have! You'll have a great time as long as you're with good people and relax.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 03:30 AM

When you are considering a place check with www.tripadvisor.com and check the latest reviews. This helps sometimes. I then think if there are more great reviews with one or 2 not so great I go with it for some people are just difficult to please.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 05:08 AM
sp

Go ahead and book Pompano in Bermuda!! Everything from the rooms, to the food, THE BEST hospitality, the rooms, the views, the golf course and the oceanfront are awesome. At low tide, you can walk out a few hundred feet and still be waist-deep with a soft, sandy bottom. Like I said, the water is crystal-clear and it just sparkles. Because it has everything you are looking for, which is what I like in a resort, I just don't want to go anywhere else now - and a huge bonus is beach pedlars are non-existent anywhere you go. Bermuda also has a special 'charm' to it, which you will love and the island is so colourful and lush - it is not arid and scrubby. I could go on and on, but I could probably guarantee that if you do go, you will be crying on the plane on your return home!