Search

Simply Fish?

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply Fish?

Wondering what people's thoughts on Simply Fish (at the Marriott, Aruba) are. How much would dinner for two with wine be approximately? Is it worth the expense? We don't mind spending the money, but don't want to be disappointed!
Old May 27th, 2005, 03:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I ate there last year. I am not a fish person so my thoughts on the food were mediocre. The other three in our party liked their food.
The atmosphere is very nice and this is the reason why I enjoyed being there. You are right on the beach and the sun was setting and you feel like this is vacation!!! There are other places to dine on the beach (Hyatt for example.) I would go again for the view. I can not remember how much the meal was and we did not order wine. I think we were drinking the frozen fun drinks. You can also sit at the bar on the beach and have a cocktail while the sun goes down if you dont' want the expense of dinner. I think that is part of vacation. Dinners are costly and you only go on vacation so often. I can recommend the El Gaucho restaurant as one of our favorites. It is located downtown (take a cab-we would have never found it driving). It is a great steakhouse and was our most reasonably priced meal. Ask to sit downstairs.
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:56 AM

Please don't eat the Grouper; try snapper or other species with healthy populations. The Grouper Moon Project revealed how dangerously low their populations are, and why many New York restaurants took them off the menu. Robert
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM

My wife and I are staying a week at the Marriott over Thanksgiving holidays and I wanted to bump this to the top to see if any new information is available about this restaurant as we would like to eat there.
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 05:39 AM

travelbeck,
Please reconsider Aruba..Joran Van Der Sloot was released in the Natalee Holloway case.Aruba clearly has a very corrupt govt.
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 07:08 AM
iw

We ate at Simply Fish in 2003 and thought it was wonderful. The service, atmosphere and food were excellent. We did not order a bottle of wine, so I can't comment on that. It is on the pricey side, but I thought it was worth it. I think dinner started at $18 and went up from there. The portions were large. Have fun!
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 09:48 AM

Ambiance: CAnnot be surpassed (except at 'Flying Fish', at other end of island). Well worth the cost (which is not cheap)...good service, tables directly on the beach.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:29 PM

WillieB is dead on target. My wife and I ate at both Simply Fish and at the Flying Fishbone. The ambience is wonderful at both, but the food is much better at the Flying Fishbone. I posted a somewhat lengthy note elsewhere on the forum making comparisons of several restaurants we enjoyed on Aruba. The Flying Fishbone was by far the best food and a better ambience than Simply Fish. That said, we stayed at the Marriott so the convenience of Simply Fish to our room made for an enhanced experience--could enjoy the wine and not worry about driving!