seeking info on Parrot Cay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering heading to Parrot Cay in Turks & Caicos with our (very well behaved) 1.5 year old this February.

We've read very mixed reviews of the resort and wondered whether anyone has visited recently and has insight into the quality of the rooms (namely the one bedroom suites) and whether they'd recommend the resort overall...

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 03:43 AM

I have not officially spent the night there, but viewed the rooms, and spent numerous day trips there.

I think Parrot Cay is amazing, and would wholeheartedly recommend it. The beach is perfect for small children, usually calm, bright turquoise, and shallow.

The service there is impecable. If you can get a beach villa-they are stunning, with your own private plunge pool, and private stretch of beach-stunning!
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Blamona! What did you enjoy doing most during your daytrips to Parrot Cay?

Any other insight into the rooms/resort greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM

I would highly recommend staying in the rooms located closes to the beach. The main building rooms are a bit of a walk and imo not as nice. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:19 PM
LilRicky

The villas are wonderful, and much more pricey. In my opinion, the garden view rooms are just fine.

Old Jan 16th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Parrot Cay is one of my favorite places! The beach is beautiful and the resort is wonderful. We stayed in an Oceanfacing room and thought it was just fine. It is pretty basic and not ultra luxurious but we still really liked everything about the resort. If you can splurge the beach villas would be a great choice.

When we were there it was mainly honeymooners. and couples- definitely more of a romantic place.