Sandals Whitehouse "soft opening"...

Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Sandals Whitehouse "soft opening"...

We will be spending 2 weeks at Sandals Whitehouse from Feb 19- March 4. Just recieved a call from Sandals to inform us the resort will be open on time but some small details will not be done 100%. They will be doing some landscaping while we are there and the spa and gym will not be 100%. The large mirrors in the bathrooms are not in so they will provide make-up mirrors (who cares), and some room will not have safes which Im not to keen on)just wont take my good jewelery and alot of cash. Also some plastic chairs will be in some of the resturants because not all of the furniture came in. All the resturants will be open all the water sports, some shops open and entertainment will be there. To accommodate the inconvience Sandals is giving the guests which are staying the first 2 weeks of the opening a free stay (the amount of days you booked at the Whitehouse)to any Sandals resort of your choice, to be used by the end of 2006. So we just recieved 2 weeks free next year... I would not pass up that deal even if we had to stay in a tent.
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM

I have to admit that I'm grudgingly impressed, Kimberly. I wish my favorite places to stay offered an equivalent free stay for putting up with minor inconveniences.

I was on the south coast of Jamaica last month and loved it. I hope you equally enjoy your stay.
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:46 PM

Damn girl, you are so lucky!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how it is! My daughter is going there for her honeymoon in June!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM

Just wanted to clarify that my above use of "grudgingly" was applied to Sandals, not to you, Kimberly. Hope you have a great time. Any thoughts now where you'll spend those two weeks next year?
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:24 AM

We are scheduled for March 12.....I wouldn't mind an offer like that!!!
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we will be at Sandals St.Lucian Grande along with our 3 other couples...
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:40 AM

Apparently Sandals has extended the free nights to all stays until March 5th...which would be almost the first month since the opening (2/10).
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:46 PM

Any news since SWH opened on 2/10. Anxious to hear some trip reports. We have reservations there 4/8-4/15 and thinking a little about switching to Sandals Negril. It's our first trip to Jamaica and nervous about my choice of resort.
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM

My wife and I are suppose to go to Sandals Whitehouse 2/28/ thru 3/6 but today I found out that we received the boot. They are going to send us up to Dunns River and didn't even ask us if we would like to do that. Did you have any thing like this happen to you? Are you going to be staying at the Whitehouse or did they move you to? I would just like to know it this is happening to any one else? We also got the free week which in nice, but what happened to me today Iím not too trilled about. Because I really wanted to stay the Whitehouse.
Feb 18th, 2005, 04:30 AM

Mursan,

This is really making me nervous. I will not settle for a bump to another resort unless it is Negril. We chose SWH for the very reason that is would be new and fresh. You may want to work on Sandals to move you to Negril. Reviews are usually very good for that property. I haven't received any correspondence from our TA regarding a change but I will be contacting her no later than Monday. We don't leave until 4/8 but at the sound of things, that date may still be cutting it close for the WH to have their act together. This will be our first trip to Jamaica and Negril is looking better every minute. What is the deadline for using your free week? and do you have to use it at SWH? My TA said it had to be taken by March 05 and not one year as Kimberly stated in her earlier post. Gee this was suppose to be a special vacation to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Looking rather dim.