Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Sandals Antigua - Is this happenning to anyone else?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance & I have been heartbroken since yesterday after finding out the news that our honeymoon that we booked in Sept 06 for this summer might not even happen because Sandals Antigua's new village is not opening in time. Sandals is doing NOTHING right now to guarantee us rooms for our intended travel dates. Has this happenned to anyone else? Any words of advice, we just don't know what to do!!! Thank You!!!
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Hi! We are having the same problem with our honeymoon. When are you going? We are supposed to go in the July 9 and we are nervous because they say it should be done in June but yet they have delayed the opening several times now. We don't want to find out at the last minute that it won't be ready so we are looking into other destinations with our travel agent. It might help to do that as well depending on when you are supposed to travel.
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Hi there, this did not happen to us, but have been reading on other forums. There are some people that changed their travel plans months prior and if you don't want to be surprised I would suggest talking to your Travel agent and getting them to change your destination.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 04:45 AM

the boards on www.tripadvisor.com are humming about this. i think its a shame, i also visited antigua over the summer and personally disliked what i saw. but that is just my opninion. there are plenty of displaced travellers scrambling to make other plans. makes you think about the integrity of such a corporation.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 05:35 AM

Good friends of mine got married two years ago and were set to honeymoon at the newest Sandals in Jamaica. It was not finished in time for their HM, but they moved them to another Jamaica Sandals plus gave them a free 7 days at another Sandals of their choice for them to use at any time. They used it for the Sandals St Lucia for their first anniversary. I think Sandals did them pretty well....if you're plans get changed by the resort, be sure to ask for this.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 02:48 AM

i spent two weeks there in nov 06 for my wedding and honeymoon and when we were leaving it was in the newspapers that a lot of the new building would have to be knocked down due to the wrong plaster etc being used. i would suggest that you change your destination, i wouldnt go back there again if it was free....
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Just wondering, Michelle, if you've made other arrangements yet? If you haven't and you like the idea of Antigua, you may want to look at Jumby Bay. It would be the ultimate in privacy for honeymooners.