Search

Sandals Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandals Resorts

We are a planning a wedding/honeymoon in Jamaica for Nov 2008, we are looking to stay at a Sandals resort. Which Sandals would everyone recommend, we are leaning towards Sandals Negril, but also liked Sandals Royal Caribbean and Montego Bay.
Thanks
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 08:41 AM

We liked MoBay because once you landed in Jamaica, you didn't have a long drive ahead of you to get to the resort. If you stay in the almond block, you will get breathtaking views of the sea as it sits along the sea-front.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, my only concern about that location is the distance from the airport, was the airplane noise bad?
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 10:03 AM

I stayed at Sandals Dunn's River this year, and I was really impressed. It's a relatively small resort, but the beach is nice and it's been recently renovated.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM

We also were at Dunns River this July and really liked it a lot. The small size helps a lot. We have also stayed at Sandals Negril and it was nice, but overall we like Dunns River better.
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 07:35 AM
LS

We've been to many Sandals resorts in Jamaica.

We haven't been to Sandals Negril, because it is not located on the famous Negril beach - the beach at the Sandals is not very nice, from what we have heard.

We have stayed at both MoBay and the Royal Carribean - RC was very nice, MoBay was OK but the planes do fly directly overhead and were annoying.

We have also stayed at Ocho Rios 2 or 3 times - lovely, small, BEAUTIFUL grounds - but the beach is very small. This was, however, before they combined Ocho Rios with the much larger (and VERY disappointing) Sandals Grande.

We also recently went to the newly renovated Dunns River - we were there 7 or 8 years ago, and found it very run down - and the resort is wonderful. We loved it so much we are going in December and again in May.

If you are golfers, it is worth the 2 hour bus ride from the airport to stay near the Sandals Golf club. It is included in the AI price, and is accessible from both Ocho Rios and Dunns River.

If you want to look at going to Negril, I stronly recommend Swept Away - beautiful resort, on the famed negril beach, also an AI.

Good luck and have fun planning!!
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM

Unless it has moved in the last few years, or there has been major erosion, Sandals Negril is on a beautiful stretch of beach.
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Hi animaldoc,
The first day we were in MoBay, we were aware of the planes. After that, it wasn't a big deal anymore. We really cherished out time there and created some precious memories. We took the shuttle to the Royal Caribbean, but we were happy we chose MoBay. The food was incredible and the service was good.
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM

We have been to all Sandals a few times with the exception of Antigue. Feel free to email me with any ?you have about the resorts.
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM

Just a suggestion, why not try Couples Resorts instead of Sandals for Jamaica. We love them and they do offer more included off site tours.
www.roselynn.net
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:25 AM

The 3 Sandals Resorts you have listed are all quite different. Sandals Negril is my favorite of all the Sandals. There is a very relaxing atmosphere at this resort. The staff is super at this resort and the beach and snorkling is awsome along with the sunsets. We have been to this resort quite a few times and are spending 2 weeks there in Feb.
On the other hand Sandals Royal is our least favorite Sandals property.
Staff we feel are just not as pleasent. Ther food about a 6 and the beach is so chopped up in section not walkable. Afternoon tea is not our kind of vacation. Seems they roll up the carpet at 10:00pm and everyone heads for there room.
MB Sandals has a great beach and the staff is super at this resort. Very fun and lively resort. Good food and great panio bar after 10:00pm.have been here 3 times. If you have any ?feel free to email me. Happy [email protected]
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 05:05 AM
bm

We just got back from Sandals MoBay and had a great time.
Airplanes: The runway is directly behind the resort. There is not too much air traffic. Maybe 20 planes a day? You only hear the planes for about 5 seconds as they take off over the resort. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. We actually liked it as we have an interest in aviation.
Staff was awesemew. Very friendly and very helpful.
Activities - lots and lots to do. Water sports, volleyball, talent show, bands, etc.
Food - I thought the food was OK. It was good, but not awesome.
We also visited Royal Carribean which was much, much quieter. The Royal Thai restaurant on the private island was the best restaurant we visited at either MoBay or the Royal.
We will definately go back sometime.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM

My favorite Sandals is Dunns River. I am planning a visit to Whitehouse based on the many popular reviews.

I did not care for RC, MoBoy, Ochi and thought the Grande was the WORST! I have not been to Negril since the redo but the beach was always the big draw.

Personally, I prefer Couples Swept Away to and of the Sandals properties.
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM

We are Sandals people and have been to all the resort a few times with the exception of Antigue.Sandals Negril is oue favorite by far and Sandals Royal we did not like and will not go back to that resort. To stuffy and not a good beach, to broken up . MB is agreat Sandals very active and fun resort.