Search

Ritz Rose Hall - ??s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Tom

Ritz Rose Hall - ??s

I'll be spending the weekend after Thanksgiving at the Ritz Rose Hall. <BR><BR>My wife is wondering whether or not we need to pack our own floats for the beach/pool, or if the resort has them to rent or borrow?<BR><BR>Also, she's wondering if I need to pack a jacket to wear to dinner? We're only going to be there for 3 days, so we will eat at the hotel exclusively.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:31 AM
sand

Do not need to wear a jacket for dinner. Ritz has a float at the pool ( it was free when we were there). Eat at the hotel or go to the front desk &amp; ask to see a different restaurants menu. Most restaurant has a shuttle &amp; will pick you up for free &amp; drop off. Make arrangement at the front desk. Ritz hotel food is ok for us. Nice place to eat lunch or dinner close by is Ritz Rose Hall golf club &amp; has beautiful scenery.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 12:17 PM
jam-man

Tom,<BR><BR>Hope this reaches you before you leave. Just came back from a week at the RC RH. There are lots and lots of comp[limentary floats at the pool and at the beach. No jackets required for meals at any of the restaurants.<BR>One question, though. Are you going on the All Inclusive plan? If not, be prepared for sticker shock when you open the menu. The prices are very high. Very.<BR>High. Very.<BR><BR>The breakfast buffet is $21.00 a person, no gratuity included.<BR>As Jasmine, the intimate Jamaican-Asian fusion tasting menu restaurant, the typical diner takes the 4 course dinner, at $58.00, no gratuity. Wine is $9.00 a glass.<BR><BR>Some reading this will say those prices aren't high. As you can tell, I am not in that group.<BR>That's why I recommend the All Inclusive.<BR>Have a wonderful time, no matter which way you go.<BR>Oh, and it will be crowded there, too.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Pam

To Jam: I am planning a trip to the Caribbean in late February and my travel agent is really pushing the Ritz Carlton. I'm a little leary of the all inclusive primarily due to the fact that I want to be able to lay in my chaise lounge by the pool and have the drinks brought to me vs. standing in a line for a watered down drink (which has been my experience at All-Inclusives in the past) I'm hoping that since it is a Ritz Carlton the service will be great and that won't be the case.<BR>Also there doesn't appear to be much of a beach at the Ritz Carlton. Is that the case? Is the beach as pretty as it is on other parts of the Island?<BR>One last question. You mentioned that it was crowded? Is it obnoxiously crowded? My travel agent said that they book quite a few conventions there and that's where the crowds come from.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help<BR>Pam

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 05:27 AM
jam-man

Pam,<BR><BR>The beauty of the AI is exactly what you describe. You raise a small blue flag and someone is by your side in a flash taking your drink order. In the morning, the fruit blender drinks are lightly rummed, so as to keep you from falling in the pool before lunch. But the rum and tonic or rum and Ting get a good shot of spirit. Remember, this a a 5 star resort that happens to offer an All Inclusive package, it isn't an all inclusive resort. We sat next to people at dinner who weren't on the AI. No difference in service, quality, or quanity. But we never flinched when we saw the prices, and I know some people were consciously not having a glass of wine, or an after dinner drink because of the price.<BR>And, if you think you aren't getting enough jolt for the drink, you can just as easily ask for a glass of rum on the side. Remember, it's all inclusive. In effect, you've already paid for it, so use it. Everything by the glass, plus the bottled beer. <BR>As for crowded, when we arrived the week before Thanksgiving week, the place was only half full and there was no problem with chairs at the pool or beach, no problem with reservations for any of the restaurants, service was immediate, and you really didn't need a tee time at the White Witch. Very, very nice. Some of the (excellent) staff even learned our name wihin a day or two--something I found enormously comforting and which made for a pleasant experience.<BR>On the Saturday before Thanksgiving, the day we were leaving, the place filled-we asked at the desk as we checked out, and were told they were 100% until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I would not have enjoyed my visit, were it in such conditions.<BR>My bet is that you will see the same conditions we had when we arrived -- plenty of room, no crowds, and those who are there are very mellow, unless you're looking at President's week.<BR>Again, I can't emphasize enough my belief that All Inclusive is the only way to do the Ritz.<BR>Pam, I did a 3 part trip report on my RC RH visit. It went up on Monday, 11-25. You may want to scan back over the posts on the left and pull up all three. I give some more detail about these things.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:06 AM
ritzy

Tom,<BR><BR>How about a report. How was your trip?