Search

restaurants to avoid

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
restaurants to avoid

I know most people ask for where to eat -- and I have been read all the messages there -- but I wondered if there were places we should not go?

Often, when traveling, I find myself somewhere and am hungry and finding a place on the list is not easy so I wondered if there are places to avoid.

Thanks
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 04:58 AM

It would helpf you identified the island you will be visting.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

sorry -- I had put this under Nevis and St. Kitts but didn't think about seeing it on the general Caribbean site.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM

There is no Nevis/St. Kitts forum. All posts end up on the General Caribbean Board.

You will get more reponses if you repost your question with the island (St. Kitts or Nevis) in your question.

That said, there's not many places on either island where you shouldn't eat. Even some of the simplest looking places have very good local food. Just use common sense when choosing a place and you'll be just fine.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
iw

The only place that we didn't love in our 3 visits to the islands was Seafood Madness on Nevis.
Favorites include, in Nevis: Coconut Grove, Oualie Beach Hotel and Chevy's.
In St. Kitts, we like Serendipity, Marshall's, Fisherman's Wharf, Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack, Ballahoo and PJ's.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 11:28 AM

There are very few restaurants I would avoid in St. Kitts and Nevis.

Every restaurant has an "off day".

In St. Kitts I recommend:

Ballahoo
Sprat Net
Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack
Ocean Terrace Inn's Friday night West Indian Buffet
Lion's Beach Bar
Buddy's Beach Bar

In Nevis I enjoyed Chevy's Beach Bar.

When are going to St. Kitts & Nevis?

You can find restaurant reviews at www.myislands.myeyez.net and www.nevisforum.com

Old Oct 28th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Definitely PJ's for delicious pasta!
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM

Marshalls and Serendipity for romantic dining/special occasion.

Old Oct 29th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Just read an unfavourable review about Rumours Restaurant in Nevis on www.nevisforum.com

Looks like the "students" have taken over. LOL

Old Oct 30th, 2007, 03:52 PM

Don't forget Sunshine's on Nevis for good local food and a party atmosphere. Hermitage also serves excellent food and will cater to dietary needs. Fixed price for 2/3 courses.
On St Kitts, we loved Marshalls, Ballahoo, Stonewalls for fab atmosphere and decent food and a party depending on the night of the week. Calypso Cafe at the Marriott is also not bad, and there is also an excellent Italian restaurant on the premises, but I forget the name. Thought Fisherman's Wharf was terrible - maybe an off night, otherwise didn't have a bad meal on the island.
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 11:16 AM

Nevis restaurants run the full gamut from high priced to roadside take-aways. What are you looking for in a dining experience? The resorts and plantation inns are "tourist safe" and freindly but the good food is local. Heck, I'd even suggest that you look for a food fair and try some "goat water". Yummy! On Friday nights there is a take-away bar-b-que of ribs and chicken across from the Water Department in Nevis that most tourists don't know about but will leave you a devotee. Chevy's and Sunshines on Pinney's beach are great. If Sunshine has grilled shark steaks (ususally nurse shark), try 'em. He gave me his "secret" recipe and it is simplicity itself. How then does he make it taste sooo good? As for stay-away... well, there are a few that I've tried that I won't go back to but they are few. The suggestions of good eating places in Bassetere of Ballahoo and Ocean Terrace are good. There's also a 2nd floor Chinese Restaurant in the new Pointe Zante that will satisfy you craving for Chinese. Go back on questions about good places to eat on the islands and approach this from the other angle. You will find so many good suggestions that there won't be any time to wander into a bad restaraunt. Dont' feel bad about posting your querry on the Nevis/St.Kitts board. I did the same thing asking about Carlsbad CA on th CA, USA board and got flack for it. Now we know that all questions end up on the General boards. Have fun in Nevis/St.Kitts