Restaurants in Barbados - Tides vs. Cliff

Dec 16th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Barbados - Tides vs. Cliff

We have four nights and five restaurants we want to have dinner at so something has to go . We were thinking of going to Zen (we like Sushi), Champers (because it is Caribbean flair), Whispers on the Bay since it seemed hip and fun and were choosing between the Tides and the Cliffs because those two seemed like similar recommendations. Which did you like better Tides or the Cliffs (assuming we can get reservations)
Dec 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Never mind. Zen was an expensive cab ride away and our hotel clerk said there wasn't much else out there so we decided to skip Zen. Maybe during the week, we can work it in for lunch.
Dec 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Have you thought about Lone Star? I had lunch there in August on my way to Guyana, and thought it was pretty good with some local flavor.
Dec 18th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Have not tried The Cliff, but do know that you sometimes need to book weeks in advance. Remember that there is a dress code - jackets for men but they do have some to lend when needed.
Personally I could not recommend The Tides for the food. Location is fab but food sucks and expensive. Whispers on the Bay is great food and fab location. Champers is my all time fave. Have only had takeout from Zen which wasn't bad but expensive.
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM

On my honeymoon last summer, we ate at the Tides, the Cliff, and Zen. I much preferred the Cliff. This sound cheesy but the atmosphere was magical. We stayed at the Crane part of the time, so tried Zen and thought it was awesome. I'm not sure I'd make the drive from across the island though...the roads are windy and crazy on the east side, esp at night after wine with dinner!. The Tides was very good as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either. One more note, there were no jackets when we were at the Cliff.