Reload this Page >

Blanchards vs. Straw Hat

Search

Blanchards vs. Straw Hat

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:13 AM
anonymous

Blanchards vs. Straw Hat

I am getting married in Anguilla next May. I have planned on having a group dinner at Blanchard's couple of nights before the wedding. I have eaten there and thought it was great but have heard really great things about Straw Hat. I am sure I can not go wrong but does anyone have any suggestions of which one you think would be more enjoyable for a group? The views from Straw Hat might be nice.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 08:05 AM
penny

Both would be nice. I think the setting at Blanchards, since you have been there, makes it a good choice. Straw Hat is great, its a bit harder to get too, but not a real problem. More causal setting. Fun little spot. It really depends on your preference, how large a group etc. I know Blanchards has large round tables, not sure about Straw Hat. A group will have fun no matter where the location. I do like the food, and service at Straw Hat is the best!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 11:10 AM
John

Both would be good.<BR>I agree with penny. Straw Hat has better food and view. Blanchards is more &quot;elegant&quot; and might accomodate a larger crowd.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Susan

Congratulations Anonymous!<BR>While I agree that Straw Hat and Blanchards are wonderful locales, I would suggest you check out Altamer. If cost is not a factor, then look into Altamer. Directly on a wonderful beach, it is a bit more formal than the other two, but I can't imagine a more wonderful place to have a memorable group dinner before a wedding. FYI.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Anonymous

Thank you for your suggestions! I am actually having my rehearsal dinner at Altamer. It is so beautiful. We are just wanting a place for guests who might like to get together the night before the rehearsal dinner. I think I might just do Blanchards and suggest they go to Straw Hat on their own. I am giving them the book written by the Blanchards in the welcome baskets so it all kind of ties together. <BR>Again, thank you for your help.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Howard

I would opt for Balnchards with the proviso that Bob and Melinda are on the island and she is cooking. FYI--They have a new book coming out in March, a cookbook, and are going on a book tour in April. Might also be nice for the welcome basket.