Where does the family stay for your wedding??

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Anne

Where does the family stay for your wedding??

I am looking for help! My fiancee and I are going to Cap Juluca to get married and spend our honeymoon. Some family and friends are also coming along, but I am looking for information as to where they could stay. Since we are on our honeymoon we don't want everyone staying at our resort. Are there enough things to do on Anguilla or should they stay on St. Marteen and ferry over for the Big Day? I heard St. Marteen had shopping (for my mom), restaurants, and a lot to do. Any suggestions for places to stay on the french side of St. Marteen would be helpful. Thanks!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Good Helper

I think you should try one of these:<BR><BR>La Sirena Hotel - [email protected] or even try some Villas next to it called Nathans Villas at [email protected].<BR><BR>Both these places have nice Villas suitable for Wedding Guest.<BR><BR>I would highly recommend Nathans Villas though. But gave you a choice of both.<BR><BR>Congrats on your wedding.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 08:25 AM
penny

Go over to www.news.ai and click on hotels! Villas too! Lots of choices, and price ranges! St. Martin may be good for some, but the ferry stops around 6-7pm. <BR>CuisinArt, Frangipani, CoveCastles, Carimar, Malliouhana, the ones listed above all on Anguilla.<BR>

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Anne

Another thing...Penny..you mentioned the ferry stops at 6 or 7pm...are there water taxis or any other means to get back and forth? I know I want to visit St Marteen for some night life and coming back at 6 or 7 may not be reasonable...

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 09:00 AM
anon

If you're smart, they should stay home. St. Martin is not very nice at this time. I know I will get slammed for that but it is true. Just returned from Anguilla (Cap) and heard from guests that split their time between St. Martin/Anguilla. Let's put it this way they were very happy to be on Anguilla, and if they had known about SXM they would not have wasted time and money. If your family/friends insist on coming there are great places to stay besides Cap. Cuisinart is lower in price and just down the road, so is Cove Castles, where everyone can stay in one condo. There's plenty to do in the way of touring the island by renting a car. There is no real shopping, but beautiful beaches and great places on Shoal Bay East to meet great people and have lots of great drinks.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Axa Girl

The only way to enjoy SXM's nightlife is to spend a night or charter a boat. A charter can cost you something like US$300.00 to take you and wait on you.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Cheryl

Anne,<BR>When are you getting married? I'm getting married at Cap next May.<BR>My parents are staying at The Great House? I think that's what it's called.<BR>It's on Anguilla and not too far from Cap. It's not a 5 Star resort or anything but it looks very nice.<BR>They're going with my fiance's parents.<BR>Since the ferries end at 6 or 7 PM, you should probably have them stay on Anguilla (at least that night). I know I'm in the same boat as you because I don't want to spend my whole honeymoon with my parents!!!<BR>Cheryl

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:09 AM
Anne

Cheryl---sorry for the delay, was out of town for the holiday. I am getting married May 10th 2003...thanks for the suggestion on the Great House. I will definitely look into that! Congrats on your wedding as well!!

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:43 PM
Cheryl

Anne,<BR>Hope you had a nice Holiday!<BR>We should keep in touch. I'm getting married May 20! How long are you staying? We are going from May 15-May 25! I'm so excited!<BR>My parents got a great deal also with airfare included for that hotel.<BR>Are you having a lot of people?

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:48 PM
kim

Not to burst your bubble, but it would be pretty rude to have these people fly all the way, go to your wedding and be sent to a different resort. If I were to do it, I would get married on St. Marrten, stay with my family for 3-4 nights (a night or two before the weddinig and after) then leave them all behind and go to Anguilla. That way you will then have your honeymoon all to yourself and not worry about seeing family and friends!!

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 03:47 PM
cheryl

Kim,<BR> I don't know about Anne's situation but<BR>the resort our parents are staying at is very close to CJ. We will definitely be seeing them because we will have a car. Both sets of parents get along great and want to have a relaxing vacation also. If they could afford CJ, we would have them stay there. They know it's our honeymoon and we can do some things together and then have our private time.<BR><BR>I also think Anne's mind is made up on getting married at CJ. I don't think anything on St. Martin can compare.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
ClearBlue

Cheryl, where did your parents get their deal from?

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Howard

Don't mean to confuse the issue further but--Just returned from our 13th visit to Provo. Cocoloba a resort on a coral bluff between Barnes and Meads Bay just reopened under new ownership. Previously owned by an Italian tourist agency---Valtur. Went over to check it out. Very nice. Closer to Cap than Anguilla Great House and nicer by a long shot. They had a great grand opening deal which they wil probably continue thru the winter season and into the spring. You can probably get a very nice villa for about $120/night if you book now. Since they just opened and are looking for business I suspect most rates are negotiable All villas do not have TV's right now but do have mini fridges. I recommend a villa in the 100# block of villas, probably #130 and up. If you have a large wedding party they also have villas that sleep up to 6. Villa 145 is the large one I saw. They have a large pool and restaurant but we didn't get a chance to eat there so I don't know how good it is. Probably better than Great House. The web site is www.cocolobaresort.com. They don't have a 1-800 # yet but you can e-mail them. Feel free to e-mail me with other questions La Serina is not on the beach whereas Cocoloba is. Nathans Cove is nice but no pool or restaurant

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 11:41 AM
June

Should't your family stay on the mainland? That's the fun of getting married in the Caribbean.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Tiffany

Yeah - the family should stay at home. I was just married in Antigua 2 months ago and I wouldn't have had it any other way. No stress what-so-ever. Leave them at home!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Cheryl

Clearblue,<BR>My parents went through a travel agent in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. If you would like more info you can email me

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Jana

Of coure the family should stay home. It's one thing to have them at the wedding, quite another to have your family anywhere nearby during your honeymoon. What next, are you gonna invite them to share a room ?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Anne

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I really appreciate it. We originally planned to have the family stay at home, but since we are moving 3000 miles away after the wedding...we wanted everyone to come and enjoy the ceremony. They know they are on their own after that. In fact, it isn't rude to them at all not staying at our resort---they insist on giving us privacy for our honeymoon. My family isn't the pushy, butting their nose in kind of people. So it's all goooood!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Tabatha

Just a thought, I was married in Nassau this past may. We had 22 people with us that weekend! (with that many people, you can get some excellent 3 night deals) most came in that friday and left monday, and the family that wanted to stay longer, got in before us. Everyone was gone that monday, but what a great weekend. Everyone there all-inclusive, going to dinner, going to breakfast. It really is a family event! although, dont get me wrong, we weren't upset when the bus was pulling away and we still had 10 days there! ;-) congrats! have a great time!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:35 AM
penny

Anne, actually Cap Juluca is big enough<BR>that part of your family might want to stay there. Just make sure you are not in the same villa, or better yet opposite ends of the beach. Lots of choices mentioned, and lots of great spots. A wonderful island to share your joy! My sister got married in Bermuda 12 years ago, 15 attended, it was very special.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -