Resorts in Jamaica???

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 08:45 AM
MJK

Resorts in Jamaica???

My boyfriend & I are looking for a honeymoon spot in the Caribbean... possibly Jamaica. We want somewhere all-inclusive so I started by looking at the Sandals & Couples resorts. Any recommendations or places to stay away from? We want somewhere fun & casual... don't want to have to dress up for dinner every night.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Eric

Just stay away from Montego Bay. Negril is worlds better.

Eric

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Jennifer

Jamaica is one of the most popular spots for honeymooners. There are lots of different types of all-inclusives to choose from there.

The most popular ones are Sandals, Lidos and Couples. But, each one offers something a little different.

Sandals have lots of activities to offer, Couples is a bit more laid back, but also has activities going on and the Lido resorts are the least active and more luxurious.

Of course there are plenty of others also.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Joe

Hi,

The Couples resorts in Negril sound like they fit what you want. They are authentic, laid-back - but have terrific water sports and fun.

Swept Away in Negril has a huge fitness facility - the best in the Caribbean. It is very laid back - beautiful accommodation (no flowery bedspreads etc.) very Caribbean.

Although we saw Sandals and Lido - don't know alot about them. I do know Lido is more upscale......but don't know why anyone going to the Caribbean would want any more than Couples has to offer.....very nice accommodation, very good food, premium brand drinks, lots of watersports, the opportunity to meet some of the other guests and good service overall.

Good luck.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Penney

I agree with the suggestion on looking in Negril or even Ocho Rios. We have been to Jamaica 6 times and Ocho and better yet, Negril, are nicer area's then MoBay.

As far as Sandals - they are all different in some ways but they are great fun and casual as well. While people do dress for dinner, it is more casual - nice shorts or sun dresses. But a few restaurants do require collared shirts for men and pants. During the day it is all bathing suites and covers for meals.

Sandlas offers activites day and night which is a great way to meet other couples.

Look in to Sandlas Negril - the beacah there is beautiful - water is nice and calm and clear for water sports and the property is beautiful.

You might also want to look into Grand Lido Braco. It is a casual resortbut more active then GRand Lido Negril or San Souci and has a great viallge with cafe's, shops, etc... Gets great reviews.