Questions for anyone who's been to George Town, Exuma

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, hoping that there's a few people out there who've been, that can answer my questions.
My fiance and I just booked Regatta Point for a week in early May for our honeymoon.

Stocking Island - I've read about the shuttle from Peace & Plenty that goes over, but as it has a pretty limited schedule, I'm wondering if there are water taxis that go as well?

Beaches - any good beaches (besides Stocking Island) in the George Town area? I don't necessarily care about having 'the best of the best' - just something that's not rocky.

Any restaurant recommendations?

Anything else that you can think of that would be good to know would be great.

Thanks!
-Abbynicole
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM

shuttle from Peace and Plenty goes to Stocking Island twice a day. I don't know of other ways to Stocking Island. On Sundays, there is constant shuttles for the pig roast at the Chat N Chill at Stocking Island.
You can rent a boat and go to different cays. Unbeleivable day! You can go to Moriah Cay, and others, they are spectacular. You can also spend the day on a trip to Long island with Captain Lewless. They know him at Peace and plenty.
You'll need a car, but Tropic of Cancer beach is not to be missed, it is a stunner!
I think the best restaurant is at Peace and Plenty. It's also where most of the action is.
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 05:45 AM

Have been to Exuma over 20 times. Used to stay at Out Island inn which is being rebuilt and now stay at Club Peace and Plenty in Georgetown. Don't know if you looked into it or have a tight budget but I think Club P&P would be a better place to honeymoon than Regatta point. They have a managers cocktail party on Mon, Diners cocktail party on Fri and dance on Sat. The boat goes to Stocking island at 10 Am returns at about 12:30 Pm. Over at 1 PM and back about 4 PM P&P has a small beach bar on Stocking island There is a BBQue and dance at Two Turtles on Fri. The Two Turtles restaurant is good. Pierre the former chef at P&P now cooks there. For cracked conch go to Cheaters which is out of town on the right going toward Little Exuma. The restaurant at Palm Bay beach club is also good. Believe they have a buffet and dance on Sunday. The best place to eat is the P&P Bonefish Lodge on the left near the bridge to Little Exuma. If you stay at Club P&P they run a shuttle for dinner. It is only open to outside diners four days a week so if you go check with Club P&P. Worth going to watch Karen feed the sharks. I also second renting a boat and a car to explore the island and its beaches. If you really want to go local Eddies Edgewater in Georgetown has a rake and scrape dance think on Monday. Lots of locals go. There is also a water sports outfit that does snorkeling and kayak trips. Again really recommend Club P&P if you can afford it. Exuma is very laid back and like going back 20 years in time.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help =)
Anyone else?
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 06:13 AM

Doubt you are going to get many more responses on this site. Suggest you do an Exuma search on the www.caribbean-on-line.com Bahamas forum.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

ttt - just in case there are any others