Point Grace Resort In Provo,Turks and Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering staying at Point Grace Resort this summer. I've only found a few recent reviews.

Has anyone stayed there in the past few months?

How was the service?

What's the condition of the suites/condos? Do they need to be refurbished? It opened in 2000 and I haven't read about any renovation projects.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 04:46 PM

Check TripAdvisor.com
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:02 AM

I hope someone replies to your post soon! My husband and I are considering staying at Point Grace in October for our 25th Anniversary. Looking forward to any comments anyone has on this property!!!!
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM

We've stayed at Point Grace for our honeymoon two years ago - and we loved it. We stayed in a cottage - it had all the modern amenities, flat screen TV, fully equipped modern kitchen, wonderful bath...I mean, we are Four-Seaasons type snobs, and we were really impressed! The cottages can be either first or second floor, with huge verandas - they all circle around the pool, but all very-very quiet and private.

There are also ocean-front buildings that have condo-type suits - we'll be staying in one of them in a couple of weeks, so I'll tell you all about them once we return. I can't wait to go back!
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM

Thanks Magnet!

We really wanted to be oceanfront and understand their only 1 bedroom suites are poolside, so I just booked a two bedroom oceanfront suite for our trip in October. Looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back! Have a wonderful time! There's no place like Provo and I can't wait to go back either!
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 01:40 PM

The property is really full of Grace.
I have always admired the property as we have walked past the point in the morning. The beach is the widest on Grace Bay and there is much room to spread out for privacy. have never really seen too many at the beach or around the pool which is located court side. The yellow cottages that surround the pool are very cute with the gingerbread fret work. There is a casual restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch(I think).
Grace's Cottage is a dining destination and is very romantic out in the garden. Have dined there on many occasions. I think that it would be fabulous for a special vacation or anytime. You would not be disappointed there.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:40 AM

We had dinner at Grace's Cottage on our last trip to Provo, which we really loved! Having seen the property then really made us want to spend our next vacation there..and thought what better place to celebrate our 25th anniversary!
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM

I have to correct my previous post - no flat screen TVs at Point Grace. We just returned from our second visit there - and I realized that my memories of Point Grace got conflated with our stay at the Sommerset on that point.

This time, we stayed in one of the oceanfront suites - plenty of space, nice character touches everywhere...but it does feel a bit rundown compared to Sommerset and the new properties such as Gasenvoort, from what I've seen. But the biggest advantage of Point Grace is that it's never crowded - we felt like we always had the beach to ourselves, and what a beach it is! Still recommend it, although I feel that both the service and especially the food are no longer up to the gold standard that I remember from two years ago.
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM

No TV, no crowds, total privacy, waking up every morning with a view of Grace Bay.....sounds like a winner to me!
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM

beachbum1024: no tvs, no crowds, the most gorgeous beach of them all-sounds like The Meridian Club on Pine Cay is made for you!
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Blamona,
I will DEFINITELY put that on my "next trips" list! This is going to be our 2nd trip to Provo and truth be told - we just can't wait to get back! It was "love at first sight" when we visited 2 years ago...and are really looking forward to our upcoming trip in October. Can we do a day trip to Pine Cay while we are there? Would love to check it out!

P.S. I just got notification from Amazon.com yesterday that my Fodors In Focus: Turks and Caicos book has shipped!
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM

I did not say no TVs - no flat screen TVs

They do have regular TVs with cable
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM

no TVs = Pine Cay or Parrot Cay resorts