Pink sands plus ???

Dec 16th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Pink sands plus ???

Thinking of staying at Pink sands for 4 nights in March. What would be a good add on to that for a full week? Fly from Newark through either NAS or Eleuthera. Don't want Atlantis as we are without the kids.. is their another island / hotel to balance the week. We are beach, restaurant and book people.
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:15 PM

I highly recommend the Ocean Club on Paradise Island. It is a great, graceful getaway spot-polar opposite of Atlantis. Have been twice and loved it!
Dec 17th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

I agree, but unfortunately they are completely booked during that period. Does anyone have any thoughts on Sandals in Nassau?
Dec 17th, 2004, 07:18 AM

I would suggest the Raddison on CAble BEach, not as nice as Pink Sands, but it is an upscale resort with a lovely beach, good restaurants and easy to get to from Harbour Island.

If you tried any of the other outislands it you would be spending alot of time traveling.

I can also suggest CocoDiMama on Eleuthera as a very laid back resort, right on the beach. It is on the small side. The restaurant there has also gotten good reviews.

From Harbour Island, you can take a water taxi to Eleuthera and then a cab down to the resort.

There is a website for more info and pictures and I think it's www.cocodimama.com

Have a great time, you will love Harbour Island.
Dec 17th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Wantsomesun, I've been there already and am hooked!... trying to figure out the FAST FERRY schedule vs. Flights to EWR right now, so I can maixmize the time on Harbour Island.
Dec 17th, 2004, 09:12 AM

You also might consider taking Jet Blue out of JFK, they just started flying into Nassau as of last month and I think the flight is early am. There were 2 sailings a day with the Fast Ferry, so you may be able to make the afternoon sail.

Another alternative is to stay on Nassau for a day or so, and then take the early 6:30am Bahamas Air flight into N. Eleuthera.

There is also a charter flight outfit out of Nassau and I think it's Sandpiper Air. I have flown with them once and it was very convenient.

Have a great time.