Paging Carrybean

May 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Paging Carrybean

Sorry to keep nagging with this question, but we are having no luck locating a place to rent a baby bed. I know you live on STT and thought perhaps you would know of a rental place. I appreciate your response and any others! Thank you!
May 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM

Did you try posting on vinow.com? I believe there are several residents of STT that post there.

Carrybean is a great resouce here... but I don't think I've seen a post from Carrybean in a few months.
May 17th, 2007, 09:03 AM

ttt

Carrybean is around. I am sure just hasn't seen this post!
May 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Oh, good to know... we're going to STT next month, and may need some last minute advice!!
May 17th, 2007, 04:10 PM

I got a heads up about this post. In the phone book there's a place called "Rent to Own" but the ad says "No long term obligation."

I'll call them in the morning & see if they have a baby bed. The ad says furniture. If they don't, I'll do some more checking around.

I assume you're talking about a regular wooden bed with the bars on the side or the smaller kind for an infant? (I know more about dogs than babies, sorry.)
May 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM

carry, grandmere is French {peut-etre?} and perhaps doesn't mean a small child bed, but rather an actual crib.

See this post:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...5&tid=34981961

Debi
May 18th, 2007, 06:58 AM

Sorry, Grandmere but I called all around & didn't come up with anything.

You might be able to get something inexpensive at K-Mart here OR check out Home Again, which is a furniture re-sell-it place to see if they have any. Nice ladies own it and you could always reconsign it when you leave.

I'm really surprised your rental agent isn't coming through for you on this. Good luck & sorry I couldn't help more.
May 18th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Grandmere is not really French, but a francophile who is,in fact, a Pittsburgher, through and through! And a baby crib, port-a-crib, or pack n'play is what we need.

Unfortunately, we are renting from the villa owner, not a rental agent, and he doesn't supply such equipment, at the advice of his insurance people.

Perhaps most people who take babies to STT stay at resorts or rental houses that do provide cribs, etc. Some of the places I looked at on line did supply cribs, high chairs,etc., and I never dreamed it would turn into such an issue. My daughter and her husband can just take their pack n' play.

Thank you, Carrybean, for making the phone calls; I appreciate it. And thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions!
May 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Someone on vinow.com did some research on internet (we had tried googling and didn't come up with anything) and found a place that looks as though it rents cribs--leaving the the rest of this up to my daughter!

Again, thanks, everyone!
May 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Grandmere, when are you planning to be there?
May 19th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Arriving June 9, for a week--just 3 weeks from today!