Old Harbor Brewery?

Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Old Harbor Brewery?

We understand that there is a brewpub in the old city called "Old Harbor Brewery". We've found their website but it has no prices on the sample menu. Has anyone been there and can comment on the prices? I understand from other sites that they may be "pricey"...but how pricey? We love checking out brewpubs that also serve food but would like to know what kind of price range we are looking at before going. TIA
Apr 22nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, I should have said that I'm talking about San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM

Hi,

I have not been to this place, but have been to other restaurants in Old San Juan. Prices are on a par with any major city in the States. As it is a brew pub, I would imagine that they have food that caters for a wide price range. It is pretty close to other restaurants, so you can always just check out the beer and if the prices for food are too high, move on to the next place.

www.visit-the-coqui.com if you are looking for more ideas for Puerto Rico
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM

I was there around Christmas-time and can't remember the prices, but I do remember thinking that it was overpriced. The food was pretty good - our party got some big steaks and the pasta was flavorful, but the prices seemed out of place for a brewpub. If I had to guess what we paid, I would say it was around $20 for the pasta and chicken dishes and more for the steaks. They may have had a very few entrees under $20.
May 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM

I've been there with my 2 kids and I paid about $100. I had 2 beers and a lobster. They have live ones for you to pick out. The beer is done on the premises and they have a variety of 5 flavors. they are pretty good. The kids had kids meals. i would return to this restaurant anyday. I fully recommend it.
May 2nd, 2007, 02:57 AM

last_mango,

Was there a couple weeks ago and as I remember the beers were about 3.75 to 4.25 a pint, comparable in price to most urban American brewpubs. They had a sampler that was reasonable with the five styles that they served. I found that the Pilsner was the best of the lot. The brewery itself is nicely decorated and in a big spacious great room that houses the bar and most of the restaurant. My wife and I only got appetizers to eat with the beer but they were tasty and reasonably priced (I thought at least). All in all I thought it was well worth the trip. Always good to see other beer geeks out there roaming the world!
May 19th, 2007, 10:14 PM

The Old Harbor Brewery is one of my favorite stops on the globe. I am a travelling musician and I wind up in San Juan a couple times every year. The food is a little steeper priced than other places, but it's very good, too. You are getting what you paid for. The price varies from $9 chicken wings to $80 Kobe beef steaks and more. If you are a beer lover, though, you MUST visit this place. It's easy to find, intimite enough for two people or twenty, and the beer is FANTASTIC! You can't purchase their beer anywhere but in the brewpub itself, so buy a growler (they offer 2 or 5 liters) and fill it up while you're there. The brewmaster is always on site, and he's a very friendly guy. Combined with a friendly staff, great layout, and even greater beer, completely worth the stop.