Reload this Page >

Package Deals to Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Beth

Which is better package deals (airfare and hotel combination) or ala carte?

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:02 PM
learn to add

Why don't you research it and add it up yourself. Man are people lazy.

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:35 PM
amsta06

It depends on where you want to stay & which airline has a sale. Check out the delta vacations site & compare it to the AA vacation site. Then check your airfare alone on Orbitz with hotels a la carte. You gotta do some work to figure it all out.

Old May 7th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Sandy

Beth,<BR>I've seen some deals with the Westin, Marriot and Hyatt before, but Grand Cayman really isn't an island that your going to find great package deals. Check out caymanvacations.com for accommodations, then start checking airlines for prices. It's really pretty easy to book yourself. I always book my own trips. If you check out the web sites for the hotels I mentioned you might find a great package deal, but personally, I'd look into a condo staying on GC. I find it a lot cheaper than a hotel. Hope this helps!<BR>Sandy

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Gail

Package deals usually get you the better hotel rate and better air rate.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Lenleigh

We went to Grand Cayman two years ago in May on a package tour that included Air, Hotel, Food and Transfers. We paid about 1,500 per person and it was about a 7 day trip. If you are going to do a package make sure the airfare is included, normally that is at least around $500 per person. When you book hotel first and then air you might find it much more expensive. We stayed at the Spanish Reef Club on Grand Cayman, not bad but definitly not luxurious. We were able to use the amenities at their other property on 7 Mile Beach (Beach Club) so that was nice. Also when we were there they had jeeps you could rent at the hotel for like 7$ a half day and usually we were able to take it for the whole day without sharing with other guests. You just pay for a license ( i think it was around 10$) at the hotel and they give you a temp license. We drove all over the island.

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Beth

Thanks for the replies. We decided to book individually. Called a travel agent and she couldn't touch the airfare and condo prices we got.