NUDISTS AT COUPLES NEGRIL?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok yall. Based on the great information I got on Couples Negril, I had decided to book my vacation there. However, now I find out that Couples Negril has a nude beach. Is this true? I've never been to a place like this before and quite frankly - don't think I want to. Can anyone ease my mind about Couples Negril. Thanks Much. And yes, my husband is going with me and I certainly don't want him gawking at other women.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 09:24 AM

We stayed in Couples Negril in April 2000 for our honeymoon! It was the BEST vac that we ever had!I saw 1 topless old lady thats it. But from what I have read, every resort seems to have a nude side! The food was not the best, but It was grest! Scale of 1-10. I give it a 100! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Bubbolini. That's what I needed to hear. I think I can compete with a few topless old ladies
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 12:07 PM

We stayed next door to Couples Negril for Christmas 2001. At that time, a section of their beach was designated as the nude beach. There was no real division or seclusion of any sort--just a small sign that announced it was the nude beach. There didn't seem to be many nude people but those who were, were simply swimming or sunbathing. Likewise, people walking the beach didn't seem to pay much attention.

Maybe someone has been there more recently and can provide further update. Do what you are comfortable with, but for what it's worth, nudity did not seem to be a big issue for anyone.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 01:55 PM

Went there for Valentine's 2002. The nude beach was a narrow slice of the regular beach, fenced off. You could look in while you walked by, if you felt like it. No big deal (not very appealing area either). There were topless women all over the regular beach there as well...try going topless, you might like it! >
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:19 PM

We were at Couples Negril in late May. People topless on the regular beach and some totally nude on the secluded piece. Not very secluded though, a few bushes.

We did not find it offending. After a few drinks at the swim up bar, you might even join them....

Dirty Bananas are great

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 11:01 PM

Jamiaca in general may not be the destination of choice if you are offended by topless sunbathing. It isn't the majority of women, but plenty of women did go topless along the beach from Swept Away on down toward Negril.

The entire beach at CN is not nude, only a small portion...simply avoid that end of the resort....no problem, Mon!