Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Need help picking destination and resort!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help!
My husband and I are in our early 30's and looking to get away for a relaxing, luxurious beach vacation. We are leaving our kids behind, but don't necessarily need an "adults only place". We would like to stay in really nice accomodations, good beach, good food and nice island to visit. We're not too worried about nightlife as we just want to relax! We are planning to go in beginning of August. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 11:45 AM

I would definitely recommend Aruba. It is such a beautiful island. The beaches are filled with white sand, and the water is beautiful and calm. My boyfriend and I stayed at Wyndham Aruba and it was great. I would definitely stay there again, or you may want to try the Hyatt or Radisson, also great resorts. The people are wonderful, the service is top notch. All of the restaraunts we dined at were great. Some suggestions, Sunset Grill, El Gaucho (located in downtown Aruba), Palms. Good Luck!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You said you wanted a luxurious beach vacation, but didn't say if price was an issue. For great luxury, try the Ocean Club on Paradise Island.
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 03:39 PM

My husband and I have travelled all over and some of our favorite spots that meet your criteria are:
Bermuda, Antigua, St. Barts, and one not in the Caribbean but is one of our top picks is Cabo San lucas! Good luck
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 10:11 AM

Since you are going in August, I recommend Bermuda. It is different from anyplace else. It offers relaxation and exciting restaurants. It's also an upscale place with many things to see and do. We bought my husband some great shirts while shopping, as well as other things.