Need a 4 night destination from Florida in April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be traveling from New York to Florida for a business conference. We will be in Orlando at the conference Monday through Thursday, and then would like to find a more relaxing resort-like atmosphere for the following 4 nights. We were considering moving to another location in Florida, but would also like to consider Bermuda or the Caribbean.

We would like the flight time to be relatively short, and we would rather not go to an all inclusive. Romance would definitely be a plus. We are flexible with our budget, but would rather not break the bank, either. Good weather, romance, and relaxation in beautiful surroundings are the essentials.

We need to book this trip within the next few days so I will be looking forward to all suggestions. Thanks so much in advance.
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
KVR

We went to Key West for our 10th wedding anniversary last year. We stayed at a quaint bed and breakfast in a pool side room at the Simonton Court. Great location to walk to most everything. We found the food very good at many of the resturants we visited as well as the atmosphere and things to see and do. We found this dessert resturant named Better than Sex that was excellant. We definatly found romance there for our anniversary even though is was scorching hot in July.

Another suggestion would be Turks and Caicos if you want a truely excellant beach location.
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Grace Bay, TCI. Short flight, fantastic properties and restaurants, and a stunning beach w/turquoise water.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. We often stay at nice B&Bs, but this time I am looking more for a resort atmosphere. I know that TCI can be expensive, although I have begun to look into it since I have never been there. It's always nice to explore a new destination.

I'd love to read suggestions for accommodations on Grace Bay, as well as any other locations that would fall into the parameters we need to stick to.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 06:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Type TCI in the search space above and you will get many suggestions.

We have been going to Ocean Club West for 3 years in a row and love it, but it may not be luxurious enough for you. Their part of the beach is stunning(between Grace Bay Cub and Seven Stars), the location for restaurants is excellent, and the river pool is beautiful. However you must upgrade to a Junior Suite or better.

Sommerset is always mentioned on this site. Grace Bay Club (next door to Ocean Club West) is gorgeous and we have been to dinner at so many others. But be forewarned----gorgeous will cost you! West Bay Club has also been getting many comments on this site. Grace Bay beach has one beautiful property after another, so you have quite a choice.

If you want, scroll down to my several trip reports on my Profile page. Personally I'd stay at Ocean Club West and walk next door on either side for romantic drinks & dinner.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Check out The Somerset www.thesomerset.com we love it , our 2nd favorite is The Regent Palms . Both offer beautiful condos and excellent dining very near. Both on Grace bay --walk for hours--
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I have checked out the accommodations for the Grace Bay area and they are too expensive. Any decent room is at least $600 per night for just the room. Unless someone knows of nice accommodations for less. It will only be the 2 of us for 3 nights so we do not need a condo-type facility. Romantic is nice, as well as an oceanview room, if possible.

I would love suggestions for other islands and accommodations that would be more in the $200-300 per night range. I need to book by tomorrow because air is becoming limited.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:37 AM

See if you can get a flight into the North Eleuthera (Bahamas) airport (there are 3 airports on the island so be sure you are looking at North Eleuthera)- take a 5 minute cab ride to a 5-10 minute water taxi ride to Harbour Island. The beachfront hotels are very pricey but take a look at The Landing, a boutique hotel, which would be on the harbour side and close to everything. It is a small island where you can get around in a rented golf cart- or on foot- and there are many good restaurants, a gorgeous beach, and it might make a nice romantic setting for your trip. Happy travels!
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
How about Negril Jamaica?

Look at this hotel: www.charela.com Their nicest rooms are $250/night (deluxe ocean front). It's not mandatory AI but there is a very good restaurant on site. The hotel is on the beautiful 7-mile beach. It's not a fancy place but very nice low-key atmosphere.

You fly into Montego Bay (short distance & lots of flights available) the shuttle 90 mins. out to Negril (available with Clives for $20 per person each way).